Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Want a Good Deal? Go to RITE AID!



Okay, click to enlarge this ad. But here is an example of FREE stuff. This week (until Sat Oct 18) at Rite Aid, you can get $144 worth of stuff for FREE. Easy for beginners! No coupons required (but if you have them, then you could end up MAKING money). This isn't the typical number of free things, it is a little more than normal. But all you do is go to Rite Aid and buy any or all of the things in the ad above. You spend the money out of pocket, but then you go on their website and enter the receipt number (ALWAYS keep your receipt) and they send you a check in the mail within a few weeks!

Also, it's rumored that Super Kmarts are having double coupon days this week Wed-Sun. Call your local SuperK and ask. That is an AMAZING opportunity if you keep any coupons on hand.

I get so many questions on HOW I do this couponing stuff. I'll first say that it is NOT easy to get started. I mean, sure, you can do little things here and there. But the BIG loot I post in the pics takes some practice. Lindy and I do a lot of Walgreens, and there you have to balance Register Rewards (cash-like coupons that spit out when you buy certain products), manufacturer coupons, store coupons, and rebates....plus doing multiple transactions at each store. We started out slow and have gotten better over time (I say "we" loosely...really, she is the expert).

But here are a few websites that help us a lot (if you have the patience). I don't really have the "time", but I do this as a hobby now. Maybe before we would have had a night out to go to Target and dinner and spent easily $50-$75 each on the outing.....now we'll go out and come home only a few dollars poorer with lots of (crap) stuff! We have to be careful not to become horders. But really, with three girls plus myself in the house, we go through shampoo and conditioner like water! Okay, on to those sites. Here are just a FEW:

http://www.hotcouponworld.com/forums/index.php
(go to drug stores, or grocery stores)
http://scavengerhuntoncrack.blogspot.com/ (they have links to several stores on the side)
http://forums.slickdeals.net/forumdisplay.php?sduid=0&f=38 (scroll through the postings and there is lots of great stuff in there)

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

Okay, I'm going for it today! My meeting just got canceled and rite aid is calling my name!

Debbie said...

yes, thank you jamie. i just got back from rite aid and i cannot wait to enter in my receipt info to get my check. thanks for sharing and please tell us again when there are amazing deals:) i may not be excited for the cold weather=sick family but at least now i am ready.

Chris Grover said...

someday i need to take a swing at this coupon stuff! it seems so overwhelming! but this rite aid stuff seems like a steal! thanks for sharing!