Sunday, October 05, 2008

Best Friends


I am so glad my girls are such good friends. Probably every day, this thought crosses my mind. Jordyn and Lexi are inseparable and play constantly. In the past few months, with lots of friends moving away and family changes, we haven't had as much extra entertainment around our house. Occasionally we'll get a visit from cousins Lyric and Paxton, which we love, but that's about it! Our house used to be Grand Central Station, but life and school have changed that. But I've been thankful to hardly ever hear them say "mom, I'm bored" or "can so-and-so come over" and I think it's because they love being together. Jordyn and Lexi have done a really good job welcoming Peyton into the mix. Often I'll hear "mom, Peyton is messing up our barbies!". And I'll just say "well, give her one that she can play with" because I want them to teach her how to be friends with them too. I've been suprised with their love for her and their patience for her (I didn't say ALL the time, but a lot of the time). I hope they always stay close and protect one another.

2 comments:

Tara said...

That is really neat Jay, they are going to be close sisters. It's a good example of the benefits of having children close together, even with the added stress it might bring. The relationships they form are much closer than those of kids 5+ yrs apart. (just my opinion) My kids have good playing moments, but nothing like what you have with your girls, my kids are each at such different stages in their life. I love that your girls can love and support each other the way they are doing.

britt said...

That is great your girls have eachother. Ame is really good at playing with her brothers and they have no problem being involved with her GIRL stuff, but I know AMe would LOVE to have a sister!