Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Faces





In an effort to catch up on my blogging, I'm doing yet another post. This time a Halloween post.

A post to help me focus on the positive aspects of my life and to make me feel like I'm a good mom. Even though I feel like a really bad, stressed-out mom lately, and even though my 6 year old tells me she hates me several times per day, and even though I feel a little depressed every day when Peyton wakes up from her naps because it means I have to figure out what she will eat (nothing) yet again. Sigh.

On to the pumpkin stuff. We had a little pumpkin carving session the other night. Simple and fun. I love the picture of Jordyn making the disgusted face at the insides of the pumpkin.

Ahhh, traditions.

5 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

XOXOXO

britt said...

OK one key thing stuck out more than anything on this post and it was about Peytons eating (or lack there of). I have the same struggle with Ash. There are very few things I can guarantee he will eat. He used to be such a great eater, and now....AAHHH! I feel your struggle with that one for sure!

Katie said...

Those are great pictures of the girls! I just get a kick out of how different they all are...it really shows through in the pictures. (Oh, and any mom that is willing to do more than one pumpkin is an awesome mom!)

Daytrippingmom Media said...

How fun!! I love the face that Jordyn is making. That photo is classic!!

I can totally relate to having those yucky feelings of not feeling like we are giving our best to motherhood. I think it happens when we are over stressed and/or tired and the adversary wants to add to the pressure.He wants us to doubt ourselves. It's hard for me to remember when I'm feeling down that those yucky feelings all come from him. Like Katie said any mom that would put so much effort into the traditions that you are creating for you daughters gets an A+ in my book. You are a great mom!! Hugs :)

Tara said...

You are such a good mom Jay! I completely gave up on the idea of carving this year. Really, I think it says a lot about a mom who takes time and braves the mess of pumpkin carving.