Thursday, October 30, 2008

Family Reunion - Day 2

Day number two was SEA WORLD day! We were so excited and it was a beautiful 85 degree day.

It's shocking how much it costs to get into amusement parks these days! This was $61 for adults and $51 for kids (wow!), but luckily we got $10 off each ticket with my mother-in-law's AAA membership.


We had to do a digital fingerprint to get in the park. Here are the girls trying to follow protocol.

Who doesn't LOVE Shamu? The Killer Whales are absolutely incredible. If you've never seen the show, you should YouTube it or something. It is just amazing to see these 8,000 lb animals swimming with, and loving, their trainers.




The Sting Rays at Sea World love humans so much, they were literally trying to swim out of the pool! The kids loved being able to pet them.

I don't know why, but I am obsessed with flamingos! Everything about them fascinates me.
Me, Lyndsy, Mom/Jeannine, Maren and Lynda Ann. I have such great in-laws! I love them so much.

I always think this albino walrus animal is (bless his heart) the ugliest thing I've ever seen!

Greg and Tucker with Peyton and her twin-cousin Brock.

Mallory (10), Emmi (12), Jeannine and Brock (2).

These seals were so funny. They were swarming around the glass because people were feeding them fish. Have you ever seen a seal try to stand/climb?



My long-haired-China-living-stunt-diving brother-in-law Derek feeding the seals.


Hayley (almost 6), Abby (7), Lynda Ann and Andrew (3).

They also have Clydesdale horses at Sea World!


After a fun day, we went back to the beach house and grilled up some yummy philly steak sandwiches, and just hung out. The cousins all did so well together. Here are Peyton (2), Jordyn (6), River (2) and Taylor (8). Connect Four was one of the favorite games to play......and to throw all the pieces off the balcony.


Emmi (12) and Jaden (9) staging an intense game of cards!
How cute is this?! The three two-year old cousins all sucking their thumb. Priceless picture!! They were worn out by Sea World! (Peyton, Brock and River)

3 comments:

Melvin and Carly said...

Sounds like a fun day! Glad to see that some of your nieces and nephews wear attire from the right university. How did Tucker stand to look at those hats all day?!

Beth said...

I love sea world. I teared up the first time I say the shamou show. It was so beautiful. Looks like some good cousin bonding is happening.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Yeah for Sea World!! Looks like it was such a fun day. I totally agree about the Shamu show it's awesome. I also loved feeding the dolphins. It's one of my favorite things to do. The girls look like they had a great time- How fun!!!