Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Therapy

$121 - TOTAL VALUE
$6 - TOTAL SPENT
(on all items pictured above)


I don't mean to turn this into a couponing blog. There are enough of those out there! But sometimes it's fun to post some of my deals.

I have recently started seeing a great therapist whom I've really enjoyed working with. It's been enlightening, insightful and hard. I highly recommend it.

But........my other form of therapy has definitely been couponing. It's a constructive way to get my mind off stressful thoughts, yet it is also productive. It seems like I do it one or two days every other week, on average. But it's really been a fun hobby.

The interesting thing is how my mind is shifting. I'm starting to get really critical on my coupon transactions. Like with the one above....the whole way home I kept dwelling on ways I could have spent less than $6. I almost felt guilty for spending $6 instead of $1. Strange, I know. Maybe something I should discuss at therapy sessions? ha ha - wish that was my biggest worry, huh?

7 comments:

Debbie said...

ok jamie, i want you to teach me. can you call me and tell me what/how you do it. i was so excited when i did the rite aid thing but i know i could be doing a lot more. help me please!

Jamie and Family said...

This one was pretty straight forward. Until Saturday, KMart is having double coupon days! If they aren't advertising it, all you have to do is call and talk to a manager and they will typically honor it! Call your local one!

(I just save ALL my coupons)

For the other tips, I get them ALL from the websites on my post a couple days ago. Check those sites out! Get as many Sunday papers as you can, save them all and then match them up with deals. The only other place I'm REALLY good is Walgreens. The key really is matching up the coupons with the right sales and you can get great deals. It just takes some time to really get good at it.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love my couponing - it's my therapy. My sisters are totally into it also- It's great. It's funny that you wrote about this because I just started therapy this week and we brought up my couponing and the joy it brings to me. I love it!!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I forgot to ask- So do you buy a couple of Sunday papers or do you buy them off Ebay?

Jamie and Family said...

Lindy buys coupons off ebay, which has worked great in some instances. We also get some from the recycling center in town. And finally, I DO like to buy more than one Sunday paper. I buy the Fresno Bee, but I also buy the SF Chronicle now because it has more/better inserts for the same price. Worth $1.50!

Tara said...

I want to do this SO much, but I can't seem to wrap my head around it. I wonder if it's just because my head is a bit foggy right now. :) So maybe when I have energy again, I will try to comprehend how you make this all work? It just blows my mind how awesome it is!

Jamie and Family said...

Tara, you're right....it IS hard to wrap your head around. And you have to be prepared for frustration fairly often. lots of transactions, lots of different stores and lots of different kinds of employees - some nice some not.

I would never call it EASY. But it's a fun challenge and does get a little easier ovver time. It helped to get started WITH someone (Lindy)so we could discuss it a lot.