Saturday, October 25, 2008

Happy 2nd Birthday Peyton!

We were able to celebrate Peyton's second birthday while we were at our family reunion. Peyton is obsessed with the Signing Time "My Favorite Things" which talks about the colors of the rainbow. She sings it all the time. So Tucker suggested that I make her a rainbow cake!

She loved it and every time she sees a picture of it, she exclaims "my pancake!". Ha ha.

We are all in love with our little PeyPey. I don't want her to be two years old. Not just because I'm not ready for the opinions and tantrums, but also because I really don't want her to grow up. I don't want any of my girls to grow up. I want them to stay little, and safe, and happy and under my care. I want them to stay innocent and fun and naive. I know that's not possible, but I can't help but wish it sometimes.

I also made a second cake for all the October bdays on our Maxfield side of the family. So we had one big celebration for all!

Happy Birthday Peyton! We love you so much!






8 comments:

Beth said...

Peyton looks like a little doll. I'm even sad she looks older than last time I saw her. I can't believe it's been years! Very cute rainbow cake!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Happy Belated Birthday Peyton!!She is such a cutie!! Love that she calls her cake "pancake"!!

Those cakes are so amazing. I think you should create a blog just featuring those cakes. Love them!!

Ashley and Brett said...

Your rainbow cake is so cute!!! I love your cakes!!

Jill said...

You are very talented, Jamie! Great cake! Peyton is so cute! Happy Birthday!

Global Girl said...

Cute cake and cute kid! Happy birthday!

Tara said...

That is another beautiful cake Jay! In that first pic of Pey, I see a little Jamie from the pictures I have of us when we were little. Not so much in the other pictures of her, but just her expression in that first pic, it's like 100% you! Your girls are all so beautiful Jay, a really good mix! :) I hope things are moving along for you, I think about you daily, love you!!!

britt said...

I can't beleive she's 2!
B4 I know it, that will be Ash...scary.
Once again, your cakes look creatively awesome!
Miss ya

Katie said...

I am so impressed with your cake for little Peyton! It is soooo cute. Way to go, memories for those girls forever. Oh, and my mom tried to forbid us from growing up, but we disobeyed :( I guess we are all in big trouble!