Friday, August 08, 2008

Summer Swimming

I've neglected to post some our fun swimming pictures from this summer! These were a few weeks ago, but are definitely worthy of a post!

We had cousin Alyson in town for a few weeks in July, which was great for the cousins! There are six grandkids on my side of the family. Alyson is the oldest grandchild, and she lives in Utah so we don't get to see her as often. Thanks to my mom & dad sharing their pool, the girls made lots of poolside memories while she was here!

Lexi, Alyson, Jordyn and Lyric

This summer, everyone conquered any fears of the diving board, and that is where they spent most of their time!

Jordyn has some serious skills. I wonder if she'll take after her Uncle Derek in her stunt-diving skills!

Even little Lyric had no-fear at 3 years old!


Paxton made Lindy crazy by crawling around the pool for hours and hours.....but eventually he turned into a fish too! He'd kick and dunk his head with much maturity for a little 1 year old!


I should win an award for keeping this kid sunburn-free! She is the fairest child in the land, for sure. And I felt better once I forced her to keep this floatie on because she thinks she's a big girl too (not at 21 months)!

Lexi's got the pencil down perfectly! She can even pose while jumping in!
And check it out, Alyson looks like she's floating halfway out of the water! She's also got a great pencil jump!!

Fun times. We never had a pool growing up, but it's been so fun that my parents have one now for our kids to spend the hot, lazy days of summer in!

6 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

My in laws just sold their home that had a pool so I am not sure how we will survive our summer vacations to California without one. I guess I should start talking my parents into getting one. Yea right!

Chris Grover said...

ok, so i have not checked blogs in FOREVER, so this is going to be a blanket comment on your many great recent posts! love the swimming pictures! i would literally give my left arm (or at least a finger off my left hand) to have a pool again. it is my dream in life -- i mean look how much fun the kids are having!! i wish there was a magic pill you could take that fights off the urge to yell. it IS a release of built up frustration that is hard not to let out. kids definitely make me more aware of it, though, FOR SURE! be sure to take pictures of your "home improvements" -- it's always fun to see the results of change! and i loved your post about tucker and the girls. chris is teaching me so much about enjoying moments and not thinking ahead to the next thing that needs to be done. looks like tucker has mastered that! you are so great at posting, jamie. you are inspiring me cause i have been HORRIBLE at it lately!

britt said...

I agree with Karli on giving ANYTHING to have my own pool. Growing up WITH one, makes me want my own kids to have one to enjoy. Maybe one day!! I am impressed at what good swimmers your girls are. I guess when that have that much opportunity to swim it just comes naturally!! What fun memories

Daytrippingmom Media said...

What wonderful memories your girls will have of swimming with cousins at grandma and grandpa's house. It looks like they are having a blast. I'm excited that my parents moved into our rental and now we can take advantage of their pool. Wohoo can't wait!! ;

Eliza2006 said...

How fun! Yes, you do deserve an award for keeping your porcelain baby sunburn free. I am often amazed and jealous that Eliza doesn't burn. I happen to burn if I'm out in the sun for more than 15 minutes without sunscreen. I guess you already knew these fascinating facts about me and my child, but wanted to comment anyway!

Tiffany

sosilly said...

Now everyone knows that I have the smartest, cutest, most delightful grand children! Oh how I love everyone in the pool splashing and swimming away. I wish we had a winter pool ready and waiting when summer ended!
Love, MOM