Monday, August 18, 2008

Back To School Celebration

Admittedly, I derived this idea for a "back to school" celebration dinner from Stephanie (from nieniedialogues). And sadly, I learned that she was in a critical plane crash this past weekend. It's amazing how you can feel so connected to people in "blogland" that you've never met in real life, but this news has saddened me all day long.

I started telling the kids about this dinner last week. I asked them their menu requests, and they were as follows:

Jordyn: salad and noodles
Lexi: rice and corn
Both: Ice Cream for dessert!


We had a fun dinner, filled with all of their requests (except noodles, we had chicken instead) and special drinks, crowns and even some magic shell topping on the ice cream. What a fun tradition I hope to continue each school year. Good luck girls!!!!!


(Jordyn also got to meet her teacher today! The only problem is.....she is having a baby in one week!!!!! Long term sub coming her way! :-(







7 comments:

Aimie said...

jamie, you are the best mom. You are very creative and fun. I have to keep checking on you to steal your fun ideas. I had to go through Zoey and Addi's closets and it took me about 3 hours on sunday so I know what your feeling with trying to get organized. I am going to try to take on 1 room a week. Averys is next. Talk to you soon

Tara said...

How fun! I LOVE that idea! What a perfect excuse for a party! I am going to try doing that this week, (I am way behind though, STILL have not gone school shopping, kids start monday) Well, the pictures are way cute Jay, good job!
And that is sad about Stephanie, I just looked on CJane's blog yesterday, (I'm assuming we are talking about the same Stephanie). So sad!

*Jessica* said...

Love the idea! Looks like fun, I also love your wine glasses in the picture.haha. I am so ready for school I think I celebrate everyday.

Chris Grover said...

jamie, that is soooo fun! i bet the girls loved that! can you believe school is starting again already?!

and i just read about cjane's sister. it is so sad, but it sounds like they are slowly getting better. what a shock.

Eliza2006 said...

jme,
It seems like Jordyn has wanted baby alive for a while. Here is a link and it's on clearance...maybe Santa should check it out.
http://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Baby-Alive-Wets-Wiggles/dp/B000OVBYNM/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1219204635&sr=1-23

britt said...

cute PARTY idea!
I was reading the other comments and noticed tiffany's about Baby Alive. Ame has been asking for that too. I will have to check out the website.

britt said...

cute PARTY idea!
I was reading the other comments and noticed tiffany's about Baby Alive. Ame has been asking for that too. I will have to check out the website.