Sunday, August 24, 2008

Keys to Motherhood

Thanks to my friend Tricia for posting this on her blog today. I needed to read this more than she will ever know. I need to print this all over my house right now and read it over and over until it becomes part of my brain permanently.

Tricia attended Education Week at BYU, where she was able to hear a talk by author Daryl Hoole. I copied the highlights directly from Tricia's blog because I NEED this on my blog! (Thanks Tricia!)

It's Tune-Up Time by Daryl Hoole
~Be of Good Cheer - blessed is the home in which the mother is cheerful!
~Go to bed realizing what you DID do instead of what you DID NOT do!
~CHEERFUL mothers draw their children to them.
~THE IDEAL HOME - Managing a home involves much more than keeping a house clean, neat, organized and attractive. These skills are important, but they're the means to a greater end. The paramount objective is to create a setting where family and friends are comfortable and happy, where there are good dinners and good times, where there is fun and laughter, where children are taught life skills and how to be self reliant, where challenges are faced by coupling temporal affairs with eternal perspectives, where joy through gospel teaching and living prevails, where love is strong enough to bind the family forever, and where family members are nurtured toward eternal life.

4 comments:

britt said...

Those were definitely words I needed to hear as well. REALLY needed!!!

Eliza2006 said...

Hey, I was just going to see if the library had this book. Looks like a good one. Why do you have a time share in fl?

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I so needed to hear those wonderful words today. Thank you- they are much needed!!

Tricia said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the quotes. I ABSOLUTELY loved going to Education week. What amazing speakers. Daryl Hoole was my favorite as far as helping me with being a mom. She had so many amazing things that will ultimately help me in being a better mom and wife.