Sunday, August 10, 2008

I Know I'll Miss This - Bows & All

Today, while walking into church, I had one of those moments. I have them fairly often. Its sort of hard to explain, but it feels like I'm stepping outside of myself and seeing the moment as though it was already the past. It's like I'm given a little gift - just a few quick moments - to forget the stress, and chaos, and logistics of life....and I get to see clearly what really matters.

What overwhelmed me today is how much I will miss this - I know someday I really will. For just a few short years, I don't have to worry about where my girls are, or if they are going to church or making good choices in life....I only have to worry about if their tummies are full and if their hair-bows are straight. Watching my three little girls, marching to church with enthusiasm, loudly whispering through the service and begging for more snacks - I know I am incredibly blessed. Amidst the never-ending "to do" list of life, I am exactly where I want to be and feel simultaneously overwhelmed and blessed to have these precious girls by my side.






5 comments:

sosilly said...

You can only imagine what the bows and all do to a grandma!

Unknown said...

AMEN- I feel like my kids are "slipping through my fingers" some days. I have tried to be better at just "being" like we talked about. It is hard but so rewarding.

Patty said...

What beautiful thoughts. Those days are so precious, and the days ahead will be in a different way.
They really are 3 beautiful girls.

Beth said...

Love the pictures of coming home from church. something so common yet so undocumented. They really are simple, uncomplicated, precious days. just a bit tiring sometimes.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

What a great post- I love having those moments where I realize how short of a time I have as a parent of young children. It's such a short spam of time and I love when I have the opportunity to savor the moment. I love their enthusiasm and innocence. Beautiful post!!