Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Laugh of the Day

Today, Lexi was leaning on the couch next to me, telling me about her day at school. As we were talking, Peyton came up behind Lexi and was trying to pull down the back of her pants. I couldn't figure out why, so I said "Pey, what are you doing?" and she said "Lexi's poopy Mommy?", as she was digging to see.





Lexi's almost 5 and since there was no chance she was poopy, she and I had a really good laugh out of this one!




I don't think there is anything in the world that makes me happier than to see my girls play and love each other. Lexi is three years older than Peyton....which has been GREAT. They are close enough in age to still enjoy playing, but Lexi is just enough older to realize that Peyton is little and she doesn't engage in lots of fighting with her. I will usually hear "Moooooom, Peyton is pulling my hair!!!". Which is so much better than her just pulling Pey's hair back! That's more what I've always had with Jordyn and Lexi. Jordyn is only 19 months older than Lexi, and the age gap is much less apparent these days with those two. So it's sort of a level playing field with them!

This is Lexi indulging in Peyton's current favorite of "Motor boat, motor boat..."


6 comments:

Owen said...

Man your girls are cute!! Speaking of "poopy" we are attempting to potty train Ava this week (at least for a few days). Wish us luck!

Janessa Couch said...

Since my girls have the same age difference, I know what you mean. It is nice the first two are so close, but then the last one feels left out, but then she likes her free time when the girls are at school. I just love it. Your girls are adorable. You helped my day start out with a smile. Thanks.

britt said...

I DO enjoy the age difference with Ame and Kaipo. They do play well together most of time. Don't get me wrong there is still LOTS of tattling. Ash is still a little to young to tell how things will be with a little smaller age gap between the boys.
It does make things soo much nicer when they JUST GET ALONG!

Tara said...

That is such a cute story! I have to agree, I think 3 yrs is the ideal age gap for kids. I don't mind my 5 yrs, since there is nothing I can do about it, but if I could go back, I think 3 yrs would be ideal. Your girls are the cutest!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

So cute!! Your girls are so beautiful. 3 years sounds like the perfect spacing.

Katie said...

Those girls are precious!