Sunday, August 03, 2008

Babysitters


I feel so lucky to have a few babysitters around that I trust with my girls. Often times, my girls will beg me to get a babysitter and go somewhere! They babysitters must be more fun than mommy - especially when I come home to candy wrappers, empty Pringles containers and popcorn sprouting from every corner of my home. Hey, as long as the kids are safe and happy, that's all that matters!

One of their favorite is Silvina. Silvina lives down the street from us and also goes to church with us. She is almost 15 and is ALWAYS available. She loves to babysit and always brings along one of her (many) siblings. The most common one is Flavio. The girls love to make Flavio laugh. We've had to have MANY MANY talks on what are the appropriate ways to make someone laugh. "We don't show someone our bottom to make them laugh, or our panties, or say potty words, right girls?". I certainly don't want any unneccessary problems just for the sake of a laugh!

I go through phases with getting babysitters. Sometimes I'm too cheap....and other times it just feels SO worth the money to have a little break and to run errands in peace! Plus, the girls usually have more fun playing at home than running around with mom (especially on my couponing escapades!).

3 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

One thing I have yet to find is a good babysitter. I live out in the country so if I want a babysitter from the ward, I have to drive like 10 miles to get to the closest one. That is one thing that I look forward to is a good babysitter.

Beth said...

I miss the monroys. So available and fun!

Melvin and Carly said...

How great that they live down the street now! What a great family. Glad you have reliable babysitters.