Thursday, May 08, 2008

No More Tangles


Jordyn has had the most beautiful long, curly, dark red hair ever since she was little. It's been sort of a signature trait of hers.

But what most people don't realize is the intense maintenance of this THICK, LONG hair. Every morning and night for the past few years has resulted in tears and tangles. Plus, it is HOT to have a blanket of hair on your head - she's got a ton!

So we made a decision. We cut it short! I was nervous, but also ready for SOME relief from the crying every time we washed, fixed or brushed her hair! Plus, it will be so much better for swimming this summer. She was really excited and had not an ounce of hesitation to do it!

We just went in the bathroom and I chopped off her ponytail, which left it an a-line cut. I felt so wierd at first doing it, but I really like it on her now. She looks older and it's "fun" with her spunky personality. The only sad part is how much less curl her hair has now.

It was cute, Lexi kept saying "Jo, you look beautiful.....but I don't want my hair cut!". She insists on having long hair. Which is fine since hers has WAY less snarls.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Way to be brave Jordyn! I love cutting my hair, but I don't have beautiful hair like hers. I am sure she will bring life to her new "do"

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love her new haircut. She's such a little beauty!!

britt said...

How brave of you Jme! I could never DO IT MYSELF. Of course you have always been one to do that kind of stuff. It looks cute, really cute! I understand the crying and combing out tangles thing, and Ame doens't even have that thick of hair!
what a fun change

julie said...

It looks great! I am definitely a fan of short vs. long hair. I had Ava's cut right after christmas and it has been so much easier. Her dad was quite upset with me but hey I am in charge of the daily fixing and care of it so what I say goes!

Jill said...

It looks beautiful! I love when little girls have short hair. It looks cute and sassy!

Tara said...

She looks darling! LOVE IT JOJO!!!

sosilly said...

This self-appointed stylist stuff runs in the family!
She looks adorable and you are a natural at hairdo's dear!
MOM