Thursday, May 15, 2008

100 Degrees...and Melting

Today was one of those days where I should get extra points on my "good mother" chart.


It was zoo day for Jordyn's kindergarten class. And as the days drew nearer, I frantically watched the weather report just hoping and praying it would change.
No such luck. It was a solid 100 degrees. Solid. The zoo - with a million little kids - is probably not my favorite place to be when it's 100 degrees.


But we lived through it. Somehow. My body is NOT acclimated to this intense spike in heat and I could hardly think straight most of the day. But I'm also the girl who wishes it was never above 80.


Anyway, here are some *awesome* cell phone pics from our day:



If you look closely, you can see the elephants bathing. It was so hot, even THEY couldn't stand it!


Our zoo has a sting ray exhibit right now. You can pet them as well as some little sharks that are swimming with them.



Lexi with a sting ray...




Lexi and Peyton trying to touch the shark.



Poor Pey was so sweaty. I tried putting tearless sunscreen on her face, but they must be lying because one of her eyes was watering all day from it.



From this freaky "hand-less" picture, you get the idea of how much Peyton was waving and saying "Hi!!!" to the sting rays.



Whew, what a day! Now I've just got to prepare myself for six moths of H-E-A-T! Oh, and the astronomical electric bills....

7 comments:

Tara said...

Wow, I forgot what heat is like. I am so used to the more "mild" weather so far here. I forgot I ever survived 124 degree days in Vegas! 100 already in CA!?! What is it going to be like at Mica's wedding? Josh has a full black suit and Eddie has long sleeves, poor kids, they are going to be so hot!
I love Pey's waving hand, that is so cute! The girls looked like they had a blast. I really don't remember "hot" days as a kid, I think it's just us moms who deal with it, and kid only remember the fun times. Yah, you get some extra super-mommy points for that day!

Unknown said...

I can't believe it is that hot there. I can say I am a little jealous. Yesterday finally got to 70 here. I loved in cabo that it was 94 the whole time. I literally SOAKED it up. Please pass some of that heat to Utah

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Yucky.. I hate the hot hot days. It's so hot down in SoCal too.. It looks that although the weather was miserable the kids loved it.- I love Payton's wave. She's so cute!!

britt said...

WOW that makes me hot just thinking about it! We up suppose to creep into the 90's this weekend

Jill said...

We have zoo day on Monday (I'm not going like you did, good Mommy. It's Brando's birthday and the school doesn't let us bring siblings). Anyway, we are just praying that it wouldn't snow! Feelin' for you. I don't like the extreme heat, either. I'm thinking 75-80=PERFECT!

Tara said...

AND you look gorgeous Jay!!! That is a great picture of you. :)

sosilly said...

Don't stay up late on Friday nights.