Monday, May 12, 2008

Here's to 8 Years

2000


2001


2002


2003


2004


2005


2006


2007


2008

Today is our 8th Anniversary. I wish that we were able to make a bigger deal out of it, but today is sort of just a typical busy day. I do think it's important to recognize milestones like this. And to really acknowledge what immense amounts of work, energy, love, and growth it takes to nurture a relationship for that many years.


I've always known that Tucker and I were a good match. You could just tell from the beginning. And that foundation is what has carried us through the ups and downs of the past 8 years of marriage. I can't believe what effort it takes to maintain a strong relationship through having children! But if you really work at it (and it really does take work) it can bond you together more and make your foundation that much stronger. Our children are such blessings and have evolved our little family into so much more than it ever could be with just Tucker and I....but they also make life so much busier, loud, crazy and distracted....that we often find ourselves needing to "catch up" with eachother.

I am thankful to have found Tucker in this great big world! I'm thankful to have found someone who loves me for me and supports my goals, dreams and interests in life. He is devoted to our family and is the one who brings the fun & excitement to our home! Thank you Tucker - I look forward to what the next 8 years will hold! I love you!

10 comments:

Tara said...

You two really are a wonderful couple, and incredibly well-matched. Happy 8th!!! We love you guys!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Happy Anniversary!! You are such a great couple. Hope you have a great day!!

Janessa Couch said...

What cute pictures. How big was your first daughter? She looks tiny in the picture when she was born. Have a Happy Anniversary.

Jamie and Family said...

Janessa, Jordyn was 13 1/2 weeks early - 2lbs 8oz at birth. The next day she dropped to 1lb 12oz. Scary. 11 weeks in the NICU.

britt said...

Congrats Jme and Tucker! I love seeing you guys in those changing pics!

Katie said...

Congrats on the anniversary. I really admire you guys and your family. I think it is great that you two still find a little time for each other. best of luck on the next 8+ years

Chris Grover said...

you know, i couldn't agree with you more. i have ALWAYS thought you two made a GREAT match, from the first time i saw you two together. do you ever just stop and wonder where time has gone and now you have 3 kids and have been married for 8 years?! it's so crazy!! happy anniversary to both you! we both love you both (how many times can i say "both"?)

Jill said...

You definitely were MFOE-(made for each other)! You have done a lot in 8 years! We only had one baby by that time! Way to go!

Ashley and Brett said...

Happy Anniversary! I've always thought you too were so cute together!

sosilly said...

Did you go out or was it for another night.
Happy 8 years and many decades to come.
mom