Monday, May 26, 2008

Mica's Wedding

This weekend Lindy and I were able to go to Mica's wedding reception in Stockton, CA. Mica is my dearest friend Tara's sister and I've known Mica her entire life. They are much more like cousins to me - and their mom, Taco, is much more like an aunt, or second mom, to me. Their house is one of only two places that have been nearly the same my entire life. I have so many memories and childhood connections there, so it was so great to be able to see them for a short time and be back "home". Mica looked absolutely beautiful and she & Matt seem very happy together.

Lindy and Mica are the same age and were our little "twin" sisters when they were little



Me and my Tara. I love Tara so much. She is a priceless friend and a fourth sister to me!



Tara and her Dad, Ron. The only thing different about Ron from 25 years ago is a little more grey hair!

My girls were fascinated by the whole "princess" feel of the reception.



And this. Oh my gosh. This spaceship Jordyn is sitting on is something Ron made form all sorts of scraps: a truck, old electrical switches, etc and I have such vivid memories of playing on this when I was her age!! Talk about nostalgia!



What a great (and too short) visit.
Was great to see all of you! xoxoxoxo

1 comment:

Tara said...

I can't tell you how much it meant to me than you came. I was sad we hardly got to spend time together, but it was like a GUSH of fresh air to see you even just for the short time. After all the stress and being so "Mica focused", I really needed my friend, I felt your support so much. Thank you for coming Jay! I love you SO much!