Friday, May 09, 2008

Flashback Friday

This flashback includes a story that I often reflect on and LAUGH about every time.

My wonderful friend of 20+ years, Karli, and her husband Chris are some of our favorite friends. Around 4-5 years ago they lived near us here in CA (can't you guys come back, pretty please?).


Anyway, at one of our get-togethers, we were sitting around a table at a local pizza joint. We were showing Karli and Chris some of Jordyn's "tricks" (she was just barely a year old), and so we asked her:


"Jordyn, where's your pico?"


She pointed to her lower-tummy area.


Tucker said "good job!"


-brief pause-


Then Chris continued on..."Jordyn, where's your bellybutton?"


Tucker paused and then said "Well, that's what she just showed us. "Pico" is Hawaiian for "bellybutton".


A look of relief flowed over Chris' face and he said "OOOOHHHH, I thought you asked her "Jordyn, where's your pee go?" and then I thought she pointed to her diaper!"


Oh my gosh, we laughed so hard!!! Especially when we imagined what was going through Chris' mind! I mean, who in the world teaches their 1 year old "Honey, where does your pee go?" and then proudly says, "Good job"!


Ha ha ha ha ha. We got such a kick out of that and are so glad we cleared that up right that moment! Maybe you had to be there, but I LOVE that memory.

10 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

Thanks for the great laugh! That is too funny.

Janessa Couch said...

My daughter wanted to see some of your blog. We went back to the one called, "She's My Sister" the one that Lindy reorganized your hair things. What a cool idea for the ribbon spools! I have never seen that before, but I will have to try it.

Chris Grover said...

ohhh, that gave me such a good laugh remembering that! i need to call chris and have him look at this! thank goodness chris figured out what you had REALLY said! we DO miss living so close to you guys, honestly! don't we all look so young in that picture? especially jo-jo! but chris is a pretty close runner up! such a fun memory!

sosilly said...

I laughed so hard I started coughing. That is so hilarious to me!!!!
Thanks Chris for making sure Tucker was being appropriate!
MOM

julie said...

That is pretty funny! Thanks for the laugh.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

lol.. too funny!!

Daytrippingmom Media said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara said...

Oh my gosh, that is a funny story! I love little child to adult misunderstandings, they can be the best for retelling! :)

britt said...

Very funny story
Oh those "Hawaiian Words" will throw ya everytime!

Chelley said...

A wish from the heart, a whole lotta love and hugz
HAPPY Mother's Day !