Thursday, May 22, 2008

Adieu

So today was the final farewell to Kandelyn, Ashlyn, Tanner and Hayley! On so many levels, it's difficult to say goodbye to friends such as these. And then to have them move within 10 days of Dane & Beth! Ugh.

Our lives are completely intertwined on a daily basis. Between church, and Harmony, dance class, volunteering, and then just our normal trades and play dates! For the past 5 1/2 years, my kids have known no different than to see these kids several times per week, if not every day. Having them gone literally changes our life routine in so many ways. Not to mention me losing such close friends.

Tonight was really sad. We got home and as I was putting the girls to bed....something must have hit them in a way that I've not seen before. They both started crying. A lot. For probably 20 straight minutes I had to hug them and cry with them and talk them through their sadness. They are sad to lose such close friends and they are realizing the finality of it all. My heart feels a little heavy and yet I know I'm totally helpless to change a single bit of it.

We got some cute pics before they left tonight:


Tanner, Lexi and Jacob are all the same age and have been constant playmates their entire lives! (All four years old)


Ashlyn (7), Jordyn (6) and Lindsay (7) can't even remember life without eachother!



And Luke (19 mo), Peyton (19 mo) and Hayley (2 1/2) are the caboose third children to each of us and have developed cute little relationships over their little lifetimes.

And all the gang together. I can't believe we have 9 kids between us, and two more on the way! (not me!).



Myself, Beth and Kandelyn before they pulled away.



We love you and miss you guys so much already!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

So sad. Makes me cry for you. Life will become a new normal soon. Hang in there.

Tiffany

Chris Grover said...

ughhh, jamie, i cannot tell you how sad this post makes me. i can't imagine how all this change at once must be effecting your whole family. i have been thinking about you a lot, knowing these moves were coming. it really makes you realize how special and important GOOD friends are and how much apart of our lives they become. i so know the feeling and i hope it gets easier soon. when some doors close, others open up. feel better soon, k? love ya!

Melvin and Carly said...

Oh Jamie. I almost cried just reading about it. What a huge loss for everyone. Hope you can adjust soon.