Monday, May 05, 2008

I'm Trying

I'm trying to keep a positive outlook on this week. It's just that I don't love when things are scheduled so much that they eat up every second of my life. That's how this week feels. Every day and every night are go go go!

I'm also trying to not feel like a sad scout-widow! My husband does so much with his scouts. This coming weekend will be two in a row that he's gone for an overnighter. I know he is willing to give me breaks, but when is he ever able to?

I'm trying to figure out how so many people fall into the trap of thinking that blogs represent the complete life someone else leads. I seem to often have people comment on how happy and *perfect* (I hate that word) my life seems from my blog. Are you serious? Sure, I will admit that I love my life and think I've been extremely blessed. But if you think that means it's not hard, or painful, or depressing or exhausting as well, then you are disillusioned. Remember, blogs are a VERY edited version of people's lives.

I'm also trying to figure out how to get rid of this cat. Have I mentioned how much he bugs me? Well, here's reason number 5,454,534 that he bugs me. Tonight we got home and Jordyn hopped out of the car first. Within a few seconds she was running back to the car screaming and shivering with disgust. "What in the world is wrong Jordyn?" we asked. She screams "I stepped on a LIZARD!". I figured it was just something that LOOKED like a lizard, because who steps on a lizard? So I didn't get too concerned. Until I walked up to the front door and lo & behold, what is on our front porch rug BUT A LIZARD. We were laughing so hard because poor Jordyn!! Stepping on a freshly dead lizard IS pretty sick!! Poor kid. But also poor mom, because what the CRAP am I supposed to do with this annoying, loud, wierd cat who has now brought us a mouse, bird, snake, dragonfly, moths, and now a lizard. WHAT IS NEXT?

I am also trying to figure out how much longer I can stand taking my online classes? I know 7 months isn't that long, but that is also 7 actual courses, as they are so condensed. Tomorrow I begin my 8th class, and only have two more after that!!! I am so excited. School has been difficult to fit in to my already hectic life, but also enjoyable and challenging. Now I just have to figure out how to arrange my three kids while I do student teaching in the fall.....

8 comments:

Jill said...

I'm proud of you, Jamie! You always have so much going on, but to me you seem to have it all together and know what you want. You're awesome and I love the dance pics from your previous post!

Bill said...

Sorry about the message, I guess I want to know more how YOU are doing? I hope you are feeling well overall, I know blogs to not tell the whole story. You are good at expressing how you feel and what you think about. This is a great post. What the heck is up with your cat? Poor Jordyn, that is gross, I remember when our cat brought us "treasures", yuck. I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of your yard as it grows in around the stones! love you!

Bill said...

oops, sorry, you don't have a secret lover named Bill. I didn't realize I was signed in as "Bill", it's really Tara. :)

britt said...

I am feeling your stress. These next couple of weeks seem to be overwhelmingly busy for us too-YW's softball, dance pics, hula performances, dance recital, pre-school fieldtrip (that I promised to go on) and also pre-sch. graduation. Those are just the extra on top of "normal" stuff. I keep telling myself after this or that, maybe things will slow down. We shall see! Good luck to you in making through it all AND trying to enjoy life/experiences with your family, cuz that is why we DO all of these "things" right????

Anonymous said...

Anyone who thinks anyones life is perfect is completely mislead.They only think that someone elses life is perfect because they are not in it and they are in the middle of their cow patty. It is the whole "the grass is greener on the other side" statement until you get to the other side and see all the dead grass stains. It is hard to see them or all of them from so far away. I have learned that since placing Calli. I get frustrated and wish things were different in my own personal life but by no means do I wish to trade places with people. I find myself jealous at times but I have to remember that I don't know the full story either. Haven't perfected that area but come along way. Learning to be happy with my cow patties and my green hills.

Chris Grover said...

i always think blogging is such a truly strange thing because you are exactly right -- it is a completely edited version of everyone's life! i always appreciate how real you are! and i know i have said this before, but i can't tell you how admirable it is to be going to school with such an already BUSY life! hang in there -- you are SO close! i can't even comment on the lizard thing -- HILARIOUS! my dad once stepped on a live mouse, if you can imagine anything worse! haa!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

First off I have to completely agree with the other comments - It truly is admirable to be a mom and find the time to go to school. You're a great example to me. I'm chiming in here in unison with others, because I also love how real you are with all of your posts. And I totally hear you with pets and bringing in lizards. They don't do it quite as often but we used to find a dead frog or lizard in our entryway at least once a week with our dogs. Let's just say I'm glad that they are getting old and not as active!!

sosilly said...

Try as you may, try as you might, go Jamie, go Jamie, fight, fight fight!
MOM