Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Gym

I sure wish there was a gym around here that had babysitting included. Instead, these videos show what I am surrounded by when I ride my recumbent bike in the living room. I usually try to do it at night when they're sleeping, but sometimes that doesn't happen.

This one captures Lexi perfectly. She is such cute girl. She's determined and opinionated, yet soft and earthy. Like right now, as I type, she is out back trying to get the birds to land on her. I think she truly believes she could be like Sleeping Beauty and dance around the forest with all sorts of animals. I love this kid. Here is her newly-learned rendition of "Take Me Out to the Ball Game":



And Petyon. What a cute 19 month old stinker. This video is her on-the-go with frizzy-morning-hair self singing a half-hearted version of ABCs. She is quite the talker and can sing most this song usually. I think Signing Time really helps with her interest in ABCs. In general, her interest in Signing Time has not declined a single bit yet, but maybe even increased. I can't believe I didn't have these videos with my other two kids!

10 comments:

Tara said...

What a sweet little momento about your girls! And you are seriously lucky, seriously. I can't get Eddie to watch anything, even Baby Einstein, I had no idea how much it helps to have their attention taken by something other than me! Plus, I think you are right, it helps with things like ABC's. Repetition is good. Pey is just brilliant anyway!

Daytrippingmom Media said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daytrippingmom Media said...

Peyton is just the cutest thing ever. Her little kiss at the end is so cute. Lexi is such a little beauty and she sings so well. I love that she gets so into it. I think it's fantastic that you document all of the little everyday things with the girls. I need to better about capturing the everyday moments.

Eliza2006 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eliza2006 said...

That was really cute. Loved hearing Lex sing. She has a pretty little voice! And Pey...they don't come much cuter than that!!!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

we have the same fridge DJ. I didn't know it had that song on it, maybe because I don't know the words and could never teach it to my kids, so it hasn't really caught my attention.
Very cute!
Miss you guys.

Jill said...

DARLING! Lexi isn't camera shy at all-that is so great! Cute girls. Sydney just asked me when are you coming to visit us again?

Unknown said...

Peyton is a little girl not a baby! I can't believe how big she is and so darn cute. About the gym having a babysitter- mine does but I have to make an appointment 24 hours in advance if I bring a child under the age of 1, so not realistic!

Chris Grover said...

well, at least you have entertainment, right? and that is some pretty dang good entertainment, i think! i loved those videos -- such cute personalities shining through! i need to get the signing time videos -- i hear lots of good things about them!

Carlotta said...

That's seem pretty outgoing of Lex. She is funny. Definitely the flower, earthy child. That description of her in the backyard is definitely her to a T. Pey is too much.