Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day #2

My goal of posting every day is harder than I thought.....we're so tired by the end of the day.....but I'm still trying to make it happen! Here's our day #2!


*********************

We ate at my favorite local spot, Kua 'aina. I love this place. We had Mahi-Mahi sandwiches with grilled pineapple, grilled onion and avocado. Seriously, your mouth can hardly fit around this sandwich its so big....and so good!


Table for ten, please!



Here's a shot of the view from our car. I NEVER cease to be amazed by the color of the ocean here. I LOVE it!



After lunch, we played near Hukilau Beach in Laie (by BYU-H). It was REALLY windy. Jordyn and Lexi love the water! Luckily, their Daddy does too!



Pey....not so much. She is usually a water girl, but she can't seem to get over the sand aspect of the beach. She screams when she even sees it, let alone touches it! I'm hoping this won't last the whole week! I love this thumb sucking pic.



See, she had a hard time. Once mommy settled back on the blanket with her and snuggled her up, she was happy!



Next stop after the beach was Matsumoto's for some shave ice! Mmmm, mmm. The girls loved it. And then they were c-c-c-cold.



The gang, minus me and Peyton.



I had waited patiently in the car so Peyton could get a nap. I got my shave ice last, and waited 25 minutes in line. I took this pic of my coconut & lilikoi flavored shave ice.....and next thing I knew it flew out of my hand and into a huge puddle on the ground. I was pretty bugged. Sweet-husband Tucker ran in and got me another one!



We got home and everyone was wiped out! We bathed and fed the kids (we're stocked up with Costco goods so we don't have to eat out a lot), got them settled for bed and then Tucker and I went on a little date! Tonight was our night and tomorrow is Dane & Beth's night. So we went downstairs (this time share is awesome, I'll take some pics tomorrow) and ate at a nice steakhouse on the beach and then walked around the grounds for a bit (and had fun taking cheesy pics of ourselves).



Pretty good for a candid self-portrait, huh?




Tomorrow is snorkeling at Hanauma Bay!

I'll say it again, this really is fun and worth it, but it is A LOT of work to do this with three little kids [six kids six and under with both our families]. We're not relaxing but we ARE making great memories. And that's what its all about..... right mom? :-)

8 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

It's so fun reading your posts and seeing pics! Keep 'em coming!!!

Tiffany

Chris Grover said...

Kua-aina! Matsumoto's! Hukilau! I can't stand it! I feel like my heart is there with you!!

Tara said...

Really cool Jay, You are reminding me how important it is to take advantage of "connections" (ie. time-share, family cabins, etc) even though it's alot of work, so you can make memories with family. You guys are good examples!

Unknown said...

It is fun to make memories-take lots of pictures. However, I bet Jordyn will be the only one to remember a lot of it. I asked Savannah the other day if she remembered Disney land and she said sort of. She has been there twice. I think the memories as this age are more for us! I remember going those places with you when I came to visit.

britt said...

Just reading your post made me tired, but still jealous. That is fun you guys take turns with the "date night".
Enjoy the hawaiian sun!

Jared and Danielle said...

Luckyyyyy! I would love to be there. Danielle and I were supposed to go for our 5th and In June it will be our 6th so we better get on the ball!

Mike & Lindy said...

It is fun living vicariously through your blog! Someday, I tell myself! So glad to hear the plane ride wasn't a disaster! See you soon :)

sosilly said...

Gimee, gimee PeyPey's thumb!