Sunday, January 20, 2008

Breath of Fresh Air

I am so thankful to have good friends - both sprinkled around the country and right here in my own backyard.

Friends are priceless. They give me lots of laughs, give me advice, give me support, give me ideas and - perhaps the most importantly - they give me perspective.

On Friday night, I had a little girls' night out with Beth, Kandelyn and Lindy (a sister is the most priceless kind of friend!). On so many levels this sort of event is very healthy for my mental well-being. It always feels complicated to organize things with the children (there are 11 between us), but it is ALWAYS worth it. I come home a little refreshed, and little happier and a little more grateful for my life because stepping away gives me perspective.

Lettuce wraps, fries and a Coke at Chili's, laughing and sharing with the girls, treats from Target and then a movie (27 Dresses....it was okay).....it was just what I needed!

Thanks girls!

4 comments:

Beth said...

no thank you! felt like it was just for me. loved it!

Unknown said...

AMEN! There is nothing like a night out with good friends. When are you coming for ours?:)

Jill said...

I'm needin' one of those right now! Looks like fun!

Chris Grover said...

There is just something special about being with girlfriends that can't be achieved in any other way!I'm glad you gave yourself this night away! And it's a good reminder that we all should take those opportunities more often!