Sunday, July 01, 2007

Trading Places

TODAY


8 MONTHS AGO

Right now, Lindy IS where I WAS almost 9 months ago. We've traded places. She is ready to deliver baby Paxton this Thursday! It's such a strange thing because at that point, when you're ready to have a baby, it's almost hard to imagine life PAST that big event. You are so focused and consumed with preparing that it's almost like the rest of life is on pause. When I look at these pictures, I can so vividly remember feeling what Lindy is feeling now. I was preparing for such a huge change in my life. And now, 8 months later, we're adjusted and life is just.....normal (whatever normal is)! I don't even know if I'm making sense. But life is full of transitions and adjustments...and they are hard...but the you make a 'new' normal and can look back and be grateful for the change. I'm excited for Lindy to begin this new chapter of her life. Here's to a smooth labor and delivery!

5 comments:

Chris Grover said...

I really like that phrase "new normal". That is really how life is -- making transitions turn into normal! I'm so excited for Lindy! Can you even believe that was you just nine months ago? Time flies, and yet Peyton just seems like she's been in your family forever. I guess she's the "new normal"!!

Eliza2006 said...

Ha! Your mom is the only one who looks exactly the same (and lovely I must add) in both photos. Amazing how bodies can change so much in only a short amount of time! You are very good at documenting everything with photos. I want to be like you when I grow up!

Tiffany

Jill said...

What a fun picture to have! Isn't it amazing to look back and realize how fast that last 9 months just went by! Ugh! I remember blinking and Brandon was a year...I seriously remember so little from him as an infant! Jill

Katie said...

You ladies look lovely!! Good luck Lindy!!

Anonymous said...

I may not be having babies, but I can ASSURE you that life continues to require transitions! And yes, each time, sanity & survival requires you to attain a "new normal". Life would be boring without it!!!...but I wouldn't mind a couple of days of boring right now! Ha! Nancy