Thursday, July 12, 2007

Immunization Shots - YUCK


Peyton and Dr. Saigal

I guess I've never seriously considered NOT immunizing because I'd feel horrible if my child ended up dying of a disease I could have prevented. But every time "shots" roll around, I sort of contemplate NOT doing it. I tend to be behind on shots because I dread it. So, today Pey got the dreaded shots, her 6 month checkup (even though she's 8 1/2 months.....how the heck is she 8 1/2 months old?). She did good, its just always a little sad to see them experience unexpected and unexplainable pain. One minute the cute nurse is cooing at her and getting big smiles out of her....and the next this cute nurse is HURTING her. Through the tears, Peyton sort of looked at her like "how could you do that to me?". That part of being a pediatric nurse would suck.

Oh, and Pey is 24 lbs 14 oz. Doctor always laughs a little when he says it. Although she's still off the charts, she has definitely slowed down in the growth department because 4 months ago she was only 3 lbs lighter.

Pey was entertained by her hemoglobin test band aid.....until she managed to eat it off her finger


I think today will be my last day wearing fun, big earrings for a while....because they're not so fun when pulled out of your ear


5 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I think Eliza is finally catching up to Pey. I'm not sure how much she weighs, but she feels like a load of bricks lately. Her next dr. appt is next month. BTW Peyton looks so cute with her piggies!

Tiffany

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Those litle pigtails are soo cute. I hate those dreaded well checks because of the shots too.... but it's one of those things that just can't be avoided.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I forgot to say I think the 9 month check doesn't have shots.. wohoo... I sometimes cry with them too cause it's just too sad... So next one should be better :)

Chris Grover said...

It was soooo fun to talk to you -- a good way to pass the waiting room in the doc's office, eh?! Poor little Pey. I always think, when little babes get their shots, that it's a good thing they can't remember such a traumatic experience. It must be so awful to watch! She is the cutest, most squishy, loveable little girl! I too love her hair!! And watch out for those earrings!

Beth said...

I really liked this post. Peyton just has such a sweet look.