Saturday, July 21, 2007

I didn't think it would be as exciting

I really didn't. I thought by the third time around, it would be sort of old news when the baby says first words, or crawls or eats. I thought it may be a little more like "whew, finally. Now you can keep up with your sisters" or something like that. But I couldn't have been more wrong. It's amazingly satisfying and exciting - every single new thing that Peyton does just melts my heart. Being a parent is a funny thing because you think there is NO way another child has ever done something as SMART, as CUTE or as AMAZING as what your child just did. There is just no way! But, alas, each parent feels this way...and so they should!

Peyton finally points to her nose!! Now, this may sound simple to you, but to me it felt earth shattering!! Andyou have to realize we've been working on this every single day for MONTHS and she DID IT! I was so happy I could have probably floated on air! It is the cutest thing - I actually got it on camera.

I also have to re-iterate that Signing Time works! Peyton did her first sign the other day (almost 9 months). She did "more". It's her own little interpretation of the word, but that is definitely what she is doing. I love it!

4 comments:

Beth said...

So cute! I agree that it is just as exciting the 3rd time around. Maybe even more because your not so worried about everything. I think our babies are at such a adorable stage.

Katie said...

Holy cow, look at those eyes!!! What a cute baby. She sure does look like a lot of fun!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

How adorable.. It's so exciting when they something new.. Especially when you've been working on them for a while.. She is such a cutie pie.. I love the photo..

Debbie said...

i totally agree with you that i did not think the 3rd time around could be this exciting especially since they are all the same sex. i could just eat up luke over every little thing he does though. glad to hear its the same with you:)