Wednesday, July 04, 2007

This n That


We had a fun and relaxing 4th of July. It's always a welcomed change for me when Tucker gets to be home with us, so today was a 'hang out at home' day. Then this evening we spent time at two friends' houses (Rosa & Keith L. then Jim and Joanne S.) with lots of swimming, food and fireworks. The kids loved every second of it - I, on the other hand, was trying to fight off my natural anti-social desire to stay home in the peace & quiet and let Tucker take the girls. I ended up enjoying myself more than I'd thought (once the 107 degree weather died down).

Tomorrow is the big day for Lindy and Mike! Lindy has asked if I can go to the hospital and be the photographer (before and after, not during!). Exciting day! I'll be sure and post some pics.

I got a new camera. Ours was dying, so I found a good deal (where else but amazon.com?) on a Kodak Easyshare Z612. I really wanted to get a fun, cool one...but I read that its not worth it unless you're going to invest the time into learning how to use it. The article said if you are mostly an "auto mode" type person, it may not be worth your money yet - which at this point, I am usually throw-it-in-the-diaper-bag-then-use-on-auto-mode type gal. It seems nicer than I'd thought; it has a 12x optical zoom, which was better than some others (Karli, is that even good?). Anyway, I like it mostly because I can finally take up close pics. Here are some cute ones of Peyton that I didn't even have to crop, it just took them this close and good.

Speaking of Peyton, have I mentioned what a sweet baby she is and how I could just eat her up? Her temperment was obvious the minute she was born, literally. She has been calm, happy and good-natured ever since. She is absolutely a light to my days. Not to say I don't love my other girls, but there is just something so pure and sweet about a baby. I just genuinely love spending time with her. She is FINALLY beginning to crawl (8 months, my kids are never in a hurry), and it makes me a little sad because it means she's officially getting older. I feel SO blessed to have these three beautiful, happy, energetic, sometimes quite exhausting, sweet girls.

Speaking of exhausting....that would describe life lately. And I'm trying to gear up for the next couple days.....we have a wedding, a birth and a funeral all within 48 hours. But that's for another post, another day ;-)

5 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

how exciting for Lindy! The pics of Pey are so cute. I love that girl! I also love my kodak easyshare. Enjoy taking pics and tell Lindy I said good luck!

Tiffan

Chris Grover said...

Man, I wish I was swimming on the 4th yesterday! Sounds like you had a great holiday! And yes, 12x zoom IS really, really good! I had the Kodak (a version a few before the one you have) and we really loved that camera a lot -- until Chris dropped it on the Great Wall of China and it broke!! I'm so excited for your purchase! And CAN'T WAIT to see pics of the new babe, hopefully today!! Good luck, Lindy!

Katie said...

Those are some pretty adorable pictures of Peyton. You always have the best pictures of her. I must admit, that I too had to pull out my fancy-shmancy camera to start taking pictures of my doggies. Hopefully I can get a decent post up soon. Good luck with the new camera, and good luck to Lindy!!!

Beth said...

Thanks for taking all our 3rd of July Pictures!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Looks like you all had a great time. I love the pictures of Peyton. She is such a cutie pie. I am a big fan of the Kodak Easyshare also. I love that camera and would have kept using it if I hadn't lost it and came upon mine. I can't wait to see more pics!!