Tuesday, March 04, 2008

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Blessings

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."-- Agatha Christie


How could I possibly be so blessed? I love these three girls. All I ever hope for and pray to God for is to be a good parent.....which (to me) is summed up by this quote:

"Good parents give their children roots and wings. Roots to know where home is, wings to fly away and exercise what's been taught them."-- Jonas Salk

5 comments:

julie said...

I love the quote at the end. Ava requested that I not walk her into pre school yesterday. She started noticing that not all mothers do that. I was a little sad when we got to the curb and she said okay kiss me here mom, I'll go by myself. I think I got a little teary! I couldn't help that she was starting to spread her wings. Cute picture, too!

Eliza2006 said...

I hate to think about the flying away part. I feel like If I blink she'll be 18 and off to college.

Tiffany

Unknown said...

Cute picture- did you cut Jordyns hair? It looks cute straight too. I ditto what you said. I can't imagine how much I will be praying when they are teens.

britt said...

I still have that little framed saying, sitting on my vanity, you gave me a while back...I blinked and it was over! I am glad it doesn't happen quite that fast, but some does it sure feels that way!

Tara said...

I love all the wisdom you have been sharing lately, really, it's SO uplifting! Ok, Jordyn SERIOUSLY looks like a mini-Jay!