Wednesday, March 05, 2008

I LOVE This Show!


If I could request a show to be on 7 nights a week, it would be "Don't Forget the Lyrics". I LOVE this show!!!


First of all, I've always been obsessed with song lyrics (along with many of my friends out there...Karli....Katie). I remember being in 6th grade. I'd always have a little cassette player on pause just ready to record my favorite song of the moment off the radio. Then I'd play it over and over and over....pressing pause a million times so I could write down every single lyric (or what I THOUGHT I heard as the lyric!). Then, I would officially have it memorized! That's a lot more work than just "googling" the lyrics now-a-days.


Songs define so many moments and memories of my life. I swear I have some sort of story for every song I know from 1983 to 2000. Not that I don't love songs post-2000, but I have less "stories" to go with them! Maybe I should start doing "Flashback Song" instead of Flashback Friday!


Back to my original point. Secondly, I love Wayne Brady. I might even have a little crush on him. I get a huge kick out of him and think he adds the perfect touch to the show. Love it!!!

6 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

I too like this show. I remember writing lyrics to songs when I was younger also. I loved "I Cross My Heart" and paused it every couple of seconds to write down the words. Fun memories.

Tara said...

I love him too, one of my Vegas regrets is that we didn't go to his show when we had the chance.

Melvin and Carly said...

I love this show too! I always knew all the lyrics (or thought I did) to the songs and the radio and spent a fair amount of time with my own recorder on pause waiting for the DJ to stop talking so I could record my favorites. If you ever go on that show, I volunteer to be one of your backups! And I think Wayne Brady is one of the most talented people in entertainment.

Katie said...

I am the opposite of you Jamie. I do like the show, but I am horrible with lyrics. I only know the lyrics to choruses and I usually get those wrong. I listen to music mindlessly and sometimes it doesn't even register that a new song has come on. I would be the worst person on this game.

Beth said...

Wayne Brady is easy to get a crush on. My favoirite part of the show is when his buttery voice sings with the people. He does awsome runs with his voice. I really want Dane to be on that show, maybe you could be one of his back up's or viseversa!!! Lets apply!!! In contrast I HATE the lie detector show. It is so bad for famileis. I don't understand why anyone would want to be on that show.

Chris Grover said...

wayne brady is like our brother. seriously. there was a time when we watched "whose line is it anyway" every night -- chris was so obsessed! we now love this show too. did you see when they had boys II men on? that was a trip down memory lane! haa! and oh my gosh, don't even get me started on knowing lyrics to songs! it is actually funny because chris is the extreme opposite and knows NO words to songs, but makes up his own on a regular basis. he will be singing something and be so far away from the right words and when i tell him what it really says, we just crack up!