Monday, March 10, 2008

The Great Thing About Family


"Family life is full of major and minor crises -- the ups and downs of health, success and failure in career, marriage, and divorce -- and all kinds of characters. It is tied to places and events and histories. With all of these felt details, life etches itself into memory and personality. It's difficult to imagine anything more nourishing to the soul." Thomas Moore


I love this quote....and I love my family. I am grateful for each one of them. I'm thankful for all the blog-worthy and even the not-so-blog worthy experiences we all go through. For these reasons we are stronger, and wiser.

Here are some pics from Sunday night's "blog-worthy" hang-out.


Mike & Lindy, Ryan (almost 17), Tucker and Kristy (who surprised us all with the news that she is moving to Ohio in a few weeks with a friend....she's ready to start her life's adventures!)

These babies sure love their Grandma! Peyton giving a little smooch.



For dessert, my mom bought these elaborate caramel apples. My dad could NOT believe she'd pay $30 for four apples! But dad, look at them!



Seriously, they were HUGE!


Dad and Ryan doing what they do best....


"We love Grandma's house because we eat hords of chips and juice and whatever else we sneak from Grandma's pantry!"



Poor Lexi, missed out on half the fun. She was a wiped out four year old from getting up at 5:00 am. (So was mom)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay- I love those candy apples. I always go for the snickers one. What the heck is in Ohio- I hope it works out. I can't BELIEVE Ryan is almost 17- and that picture of Jo and Lyric is funny because in the angle it was taken Lyric almost looks older and bigger than Jo.

Beth said...

family with its ups and downs is always just there. it is such a comforting constant. You have a really good family with strong family bonds.

Janessa Couch said...

I have a picture of Ryan when he was in my Sunbeam class that makes me smile every time I look at it (he is with all of my sunbeams, all 3 of them. :) ). I can not believe that he is so big!

Tara said...

I love your quotes, you always post such inspirational stuff. (a bit like your mom, eh? she always had good stuff to say) Love it!!!
Isn't it fun to see the kids growing up? I can't get over how big Ryan and Joseph are. (btw-Tucker looks good, he is looking quite trim!) The kids look so happy, but poor Lexi Lu, so tired! The only thing I'm not crazy about with those apples is that the caramel always seems too hard for me, I like to make a soft caramel dip, use apples slices (you need to pat them dry), and then have bowls of all the toppings to dip the slices in as I eat. (but I have teeth problems and the harder caramel is not good for me) You should try having a little afternoon apple slice party with lots of different toppings with the kids, they will love it!

britt said...

what fun family times you have together! You are very lucky to have them all so close (well most of them). Just when I was getting used to my parents around, they up and leave. How dare them! Family time is the best!

a few years ago Quinn's sister made those huge candied apples for a bday party and I lOVED them. I keep requesting them again, but it hasn't been granted.

ps No my hair is not short, I just cut about 4 or 5 inches off, so it is a lot healthier. It is still very long though

Chris Grover said...

jamie, did you cut your hair? it looks GREAT! it still baffles me to see kristy and ryan because they were sooo young when i knew them! what a blessing is family indeed!