Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dancing Friends

This is Jordyn with her tap/ballet teacher Miss Amanda, her assistant Miss Katelyn, and her close friends Ashlyn and Lindsay. This picture is special for many reasons.

This is Jordyn's 4th year of dance. I started her, on a whim, when she was 2 with a Mommy & Me class. She has loved it so much that we've done it ever since! Miss Amanda has been her teacher for over half of the past four years. We have loved her so much. She just got married and is moving after the recital this June.....which we're quite sad about.

Ashlyn and Lindsay have been two of Jordyn's closest friends in the 5 years we've lived here. I love these girls and am close friends with their moms (Kandelyn and Beth), which makes the whole thing a nice, cozy thing. Sadly, Lindsay is moving next month. This will be a big change!

Life is full of changes. Many of them hard. Not necessarily bad, just hard. Its always hard to see what's on the other side of the change before you get there!! We'll miss Ms. Amanda a ton, and miss Lindsay and her family an immeasurable amount. I'm glad I caught this picture while I could! :-)




P.S. If I didn't make any sense in this post, it's because I have an addiction. I'll admit it. I'm addicted to staying up too late, even when I'm deliriously tired. Not good. But I've tried to kick this addiction for....uhhh....well, my entire life. I am a tried and true night owl!

2 comments:

Chris Grover said...

um, i think you know that i share this addiction with you because i think we have shared many a late night/early morning together! i could not agree with you more on this post, especially during the chaos that is my life right now. change IS hard and you always hope that it is for the best. sooo hard to say good-bye to such good people, though.

Tara said...

I'm sad Jordyn has to say good bye to her dear friends, I know how that is with Jade, (you know how it is to be the mover). It might mean more work for you, but it really helped Jade deal with moving issues when I pushed the whole "pen pal" thing, I had Jade draw pictures and write (as much as a kinder could) little notes, pick out cute stickers, etc, and the girls would mail them to each other. Every time we or a good little friend have moved, we do this for a little while, usually lasts 3 -6 months until the kids are adjusted to new friends. (some we still keep in contact with, but those first few months without that friend can be a little emotional at times). Good luck!