Friday, February 22, 2008

Today...

..........I'm wondering why I don't do Flashback Friday anymore? I really liked that. My goal is to start up again.....next week.

..........I am also wondering how it is that I am getting so little sleep each night? Why am I literally up 5 or more times each night, with any possible combination of sick, whiney or unhappy children? I'll go to bed, look at the clock and think "good, I can get 7 solid hours of sleep"....and then some how I am up on each of those hours NOT sleeping. Sometimes I feel like I am lifting myself out of the dead.

..........I DO NOT feel like finishing my "Annotated Lesson Plan for ELL Students" paper, AT ALL. I feel like this every weekend....my assignments are due on Saturday night and all I want to do is get a babysitter and go on a date....anywhere to do anything except homework.

..........On that note, why does it cost so much to do dinner, a movie and a babysitter? That can end up being like $80 easily. WOW.

..........I am sad because Peyton is whiney and sick and I feel both bad for her and a little bit irritated at the constant whining. Poor baby. Poor Mommy.

..........I am LOVING the cool weather. I love the 60's so much.

..........I fell asleep while Lexi and Jordyn were at school and Peyton was napping. And I can't even remember the last time the heavens aligned in that way. Maybe a year ago? I was supposed to be doing homework, but was so tired I accidentally laid my head down on the couch.

..........I am wishing I had an interior designer to come over and help me get motivated on some changes around the house. My creativity feels at an all-time low for some reason!

..........I am happy and thankful, and praying I don't get sick like everyone else!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Keep washing your hands, you won't get sick. (hopefully!) I wish I could send Alyse to you, she is so creative. You know, I actually looked up decorating services before asking Alyse for help, if you don't mind spending $100, it might buy you an hour or two of someone going around your house and giving you lots of ideas and inspiration specifically to your taste. It might be the "refresher" you need? Good luck with the homework, I think you are so brave and brilliant to take that on, good for you! If the kids do not absolutely need you at night, have you thought of ear-plugs? I use them, and then if the kids cry for a really long time, Bill will wake me up. If they just cry a little, they get over it, and fall back asleep. I know this method is not for everyone, but it sure helps me! :)

Jill said...

Hang in there, girl. It gets better! Jill

Eliza2006 said...

I'm always amazed at my lack of patience with a sick child. My brain knows they are whiny because they are sick, but I just can't take it! I'm feeling a bit better today. I really hope you don't get this... and I really, really hope Eliza doesn't get it! Tabby is the answer to all of your problems!

Tiffany

Unknown said...

I know the feeling of getting up multiple times each night. I wonder when it will ever end. Give yourself a break- I am glad you took a nap. I am with you on how expensive dates are- luckily Julie and I trade babysitting. Do you have a friend who would trade with you for date nights?

Jamie and Family said...

KT - Trading for dates is definitely great and my sis and I do it on occasion as well as some of my friends, but it only really works on an earlier date night. I love to go out and know that half the time the kids are in bed!! Thus, we typically fork out for a sitter!

julie said...

I can relate to wanting to do anything but your homework! I have two papers due Monday, a mid term on Wed, a quiz and a Midterm due on Thursday. And on top of all that I made a spur of the moment to go visit my mom this weekend! I am almost done with one of my paper and will probably get up at 5 am to finish the other one before we catch our flight tomorrow. The dumb things is that I know if I just sit down and make myself get the work done I will feel so much better than walking around with the stress of it all on my mind.

Chris Grover said...

Jamie, you deserve major props for all that you are accomplishing right now! I really admire you! I hope the sickness is running out the door!!