Monday, February 04, 2008

Day #6 - Departure

All too soon it was time to pack up our ridiculous amount of stuff and head back home. We were sad to leave, but the kids seemed ready to get home. Lexi kept saying how sad our puppy Belle must be without us and how excited she was to get home to see her! Belle must have felt the same way because last night after we got home, Belle slept with Lexi all night, which is unusual.

Anyway, we said aloha and mahalo to the beautiful Ko Olina Resort and begun our 14 hour venture home.


This is how we all felt at the airport....just a little worn out, but a lot satisfied.


The plane ride home had a few rough [screaming] spots for the babies, but overall went well.
And, fun for us, the grapevine (mountain range we pass over to get home from LAX) had lots of wind and snow, so we had to drive 15 miles an hour. It was a bit scary. And when we finally arrived home at 1:45 am, we breathed a sigh of relief to be safe....and t0 have had such a wonderful trip.

Our trip was exactly what we wanted it to be and we can't wait till we can go again. But I will reiterate that it is A LOT of work to do something like this with kids (or at least with three kids 5 and under). It takes a lot of energy, a lot of preparation for anything (like having a plastic bag on the airplane to wrap a poopy diaper in), and a lot of patience (of which I had none by the end). I kept saying "you have to really want it" to do a lot of traveling with little ones. And we DID really want it. And the kids really did love it.

I wish I was good at reviewing trips like my cousin-in-law Aracely. She is the best. You can check her out at daytrippingmom.blogspot.com. But I will say that there are benefits to staying at a time share resort. But if you're not ready to be an owner, you can rent someone else's week at redweek.com. There are some great deals on 7 days in thousands of locations around the world....this can be particularly great for last minute deals.

Thanks for joining us on our fun trip! I wish I wasn't so tired because I've got lots of blogs to catch up on!

6 comments:

Chris Grover said...

whew! i mean i really can't imagine how tired you must be, but NOTHING can replace those memories and i'm sure you would say it was worth it for sure! it was sooo fun going on this trip with you (well, kind-of) and the thoughts and memories it stirred in me of that special, special place! welcome home!

Janessa Couch said...

What is that picture of with the metor shower? Did you take that picture?

I am glad that you had fun and that you made it home safely. We will definately have to look at that time share site.

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I've loved your posts- I thought you did great summing it up everyday.. I don't know how you were able to post at the end of the day. . I can't even imagine with 5 kiddos under five but yet it looks like you made memories that will last a lifetime. I really loved you're posts- I felt like we were right there with you and it gave me something to look forward at the end of the day- thanks for the plug but I think you did a much better job than I would summing up your vacation. Thanks for allowing us to travel vicariously with your family!! I almost forgot - I was thinking of your family this morning... when I woke up this morning they said that they had closed the grapevine at midnight- so you made it just in time..

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I also forgot to say that you took such great pictures !!thanks you again for the compliment. You made my day!!

Jamie and Family said...

Ha ha ha ha, Janessa. I laughed because it does look like meteors. I took a picture of the snow falling in the Grapevine!

And Aracely, don't be decieved.....it was SIX kids six and under :-) And I really do love your travel blog!!!!

Janessa Couch said...

I would have never guessed that was snow. It is a pretty picture.