Thursday, February 28, 2008

Kids are Like Puzzles

(forgive me, but my only EIGHT MONTH old camera is messed up and taking bad pics)


One of my favorite things about being a mom is watching each of my daughter's personality unfold. I love to learn about them and wonder which personality traits of theirs are inherited and which ones are learned. I love to wonder what is in their future. I love to see their talents unfold.





Lexi is my tender 4 year old girl. I always think of her as a butterfly because it just describes her so well! She always has her own timetable for EVERYthing she does. And when the time is right, she emerges from her cocoon with perfection! She is shy and sensitive. She can also be quite stubborn. When she doesn't want to hear what I am saying, she can literally turn off her ears in a way I've never seen before. But I've learned to give her space and she'll come around.





As an example.....we have about 20 puzzles around here (jordyn went through a phase of really loving puzzles). Lexi's tried them over the past year, but she'd get frustrated quickly and would stop. But, over the past month or so, something just clicked and now she does them at lightening speed! She'll do 5 within a few minutes! She's so proud of herself!

4 comments:

Carlotta said...

have u given her miracle grow lately? she sadly looks older. =(

britt said...

it is interesting to see them unfold and do things in THEIR own time. Ame went through a puzzle phase too. I hope kaipo catches that bug, so he can focus some of that energy!
ps I got the iron patches at JoAnn's.

Melvin and Carly said...

Audrey and Lexi seem a lot alike. Any tips on ANYTHING would be appreciated. And how did you learn to give her space yet still get her to do what you want or what she needs to do? We have days where she's sweet and wonderful and then she'll abruptly metamorphasize into a terror. For like three days. Help! (Maybe you'd better email me!)

Beth said...

Lexi is a wonderful girl. I feel like she is an adult already. I have never been able to treat her like a child because her spirit is grown up. I love watching her play and grow up. She is just a little woman.