Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be Mine

Happy Valentine's Day!

By the way, it is a pet peeve of mine when people say "valentimes". Why do they do that, anyway?


We had a great day today.


First of all, Peyton got up at 5:30 am. I can't think of a better way for her to say "I love you Mommy" than getting up 2 hours earlier than normal just to spend time with me. [ok, really I can think of a million better ways....]


After Harmony, my mom came over to deliver special Valentine's treats to me, Lindy and the kids. She had these really cute matching aprons especially made for all of us! Aren't they adorable? She even ordered personalized Valentine cards for us! The aprons were delivered with cooking utensils and all! She even gave each of us an apple....to counteract the mounds of valentine candy the kids were inhaling! THANKS MOM! I love you!


(Carly, we want a picture of Alyson Joy in her apron when it comes in the mail!!!)






Then tonight Tucker and I managed to get away for a couple hours to have a nice dinner together at Spike and Rail, a nearby restaurant. Tucker ordered the salmon and I got the halibut......which, by the way, was a very romantic choice with MOUNDS of fresh garlic on top. Oh yeah, who wants to kiss me now?



Tucker got me some earrings and a necklace - I always love to get jewelry. THANKS TUCKER! I love you!! xoxoxoxo

8 comments:

Beth said...

Very cute aprons Pam! I miss your blog by the way!

Tara said...

WOW, those aprons are somthing else, how fun! Can you imagine what she is going to do when your kids are teenagers and she has nearly 20 grandkids by then? I think her creative matching gifts will just keep getting better and better, (maybe even a bit outrageous with her lovely aging mind, haha!)Your family group pictures are going to be unique, to say the least. hehe :) Glad you were able to get out, and have new jewelry! I know how you feel about baby Valentine gifts. Eddie has been sick all day, it's 4am, and I am still up with him. What can I say, I am his love! :)

Eliza2006 said...

So cute! Doesn't your mom need another daughter and granddaughter? I'd love to volunteer! See you soon!

Jamie and Family said...

Tara.....Lucky for my mom, I doubt she will ever have close to 20 grandkids. But who knows, huh?

Unknown said...

Those aprons are so cute- where is grandmas? We didn't get to go out- Luka is too little to leave with just anyone and Julie had school.

sosilly said...

F.Y.I.
The aprons were each hand made by a lady who donates ALL the money to a memorial fund in behalf of her grandson who was killed. She is a marvelous woman. She picked out the material and made them to surprise me. And that she did in a very cute way!

I figure that since I am the recipient of all their divine baking I will gladly start the next generation baking too!

Starting this Easter the grand kids outfits will be coordinating but not all identical.
The color palate is greens, pinks, and browns.

I will probably do this for my own pleasure until someone takes away my pocketbook!

My mom did it for my kids and now I find the same pleasure.
Grandma #1

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love the aprons. They are so cute!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I forgot to say - Pam- Mike and I miss your blog too!!