Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Pledge Allegiance


Today I taught my very first lesson.......in a school classroom!


For the credential class I'm currently taking, one of my assignments was to create a lesson plan, and then video myself teaching it! Jordyn's Kindergarten teacher graciously let me take over the class for about 45 minutes. The lesson was on "The American Flag".


I was both confident and nervous. The confidence came from: having (and being familiar with) a child the age I was going to teach, and also having done Primary Sharing Time lessons for the past 2 1/2 years. The nervousness came from actually doing a lesson in front of a REAL teacher, and also knowing I was taping it for my professor to critique. Aaahhhh!


But I enjoyed it, I learned a lot from it and I am so glad to have yet another assignment checked off!


*A big thanks to Kristy for making this possible by watching Lexi and Pey!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds stressful. Good job- you are doing so much. I can't imagine taking classes and doing assignments right now.

Jade said...

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! That is AWESOME!!! The more you do it, the easier it will get. I am not a teacher, but when I was spending time in Jade's classroom every week, I sure felt more confident if I had to help with something more than decorations. I never thought about how Primary helps with that. But right now, since I have not been involved since Eddie, her 4th grade class terrifies me, I'm supposed to teach some art-appreciation classes, and I'm putting it off. Just keep it up, you are doing great Jay, and try to always spend time in her classroom as long as she wants you to, it really helps to keep up with the age-groups. I just can't tell you how proud I am of you, it inspires me so much, I can't wait to go back to school!

Jamie and Family said...

Thanks for the encouragement. There are plenty of days I think "what in the world am I doing?", but I think it will be worth it in the end. :-)

Eliza2006 said...

Good job! I always hate having people watch me do stuff like that. It's much better when you can just do your own thing without the audience...besides the students.

Tiffany