Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Thoughts of a [scabbed] 4 Year Old




Lexi is doing much better, though her myriad of scabs provoke plenty of questions from onlookers!


Speaking of my sweet Lexi, she has had some funny comments lately that remind me of the pure innocence of these precious little children....


"Mom, when I turn 6 will I lose my 'L'? Because Jacob said when I turn 6, my 'L' will turn into a 'J' like him"


"Mom, someday will I go to the store all by myself?"


(Singing loudly) "Mom, do you think Jesus can hear me?"


Lexi: "Mom, when will my birthday be this year?"
Mom: "What do you mean honey? Your birthday will always be November 24th"
Lexi: "No Mom, the twenty-fourth is when I turned FOUR, so when will it be when I turn 5?"

7 comments:

Carlotta said...

The singing comment made me laugh SOOOOO hard! That was the best I think I have seriously ever heard. That will go down in comment archives. She is too much! It's sad that we don't say things that creative anymore. Oh lexi lulu. I remember when Ryan would think that his bday would change every year with his age. And kristy thought that nobody else was born on her bday or had her name. =)

julie said...

How Sweet! And her leg looks so soar! Hope is starts feeling better soon.

Grammy said...

What a little character! She is hilarious. It is so good that you are writing these things down, cause you will forget some day!

Tara said...

I am SOOOOO glad she is doing better! What a sweet-heart!!!

btw-do you know where Karli is moving to? I told her to ask for my address from you if she has any "moving questions" hehe.

Anyway, Lexi is too precious, I miss that age when I hear about Lexi's adventures, nice that I get to do it one more time with Eddie. Happy Valentine's Day!

Beth said...

Glad your feeling better Lexi! We love you!

britt said...

it is so fun and often amuzing to hear how their minds work!

Jill said...

She's a keeper! So cute and her little leg makes me cringe!