Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dinner Talk

Tonight we had Chinese Chicken Salad for dinner. I bought the salad kit at Costco....all you add is lettuce. It was a quick dinner, and really yummy! One kit is $10 and will feed our family for two nights. Not bad.

So, as we were eating dinner, Jordyn was telling us about how Freddy, Nathan and Sebastian were chasing her and Zoe at recess today. She said the boys got in trouble (I guess the age-old game of chasing girls is outlawed these days?) and they told the teacher they were chasing the girls because they wanted to be their friends. The teacher told them that is not the right way to become someone's friend. Ugh, I keep having flashes of all the boy issues we'll have over the next 18 years.


Next, I started telling Tucker my most recent frustration. Or at least I tried. Usually we have to interrupt our own conversation every 4-5 words to say to the girls "no, its not your turn. I'm talking to Daddy right now". Anyway, I was telling him how TIRED I am of hearing "I'm gonna be Gabriella, you're Troy, okay? " and then " NOOOOO IIIIIIIII want to be Gabriella....you were Gabriella last time!" I actually feel like I'm close to hating High School Musical because 90% of our conversations, arguments or requests revolve around this show, the music or the characters. And its been this way for about a year!


So then I asked Tucker if maybe it would be the same thing if we had boys, but instead they'd fight over "I want to be Darth Vader!". He said maybe, but that he and his brothers always had a different favorite. So he was always Luke and Spencer was always Han Solo and it always worked out. But I'm sure that didn't mean there wasn't any fighting and I'm sure if Momma Judy were here she would agree.


And finally, I'm including a sneak peek into the new phase of Peyton. Well, not really new, but the intensified phase.



8 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

no, 15 months isn't young. Please think back to my trip when Eliza was around 14 months. Remember trying to take pics with all the kids and ALL she wanted to do was get down and crawl on the dirty floor. That was hard. I feel like that was a lifetime ago. It got better for a while and now we have entered the terrible 2's. I swear last week she was so sweet and now it's like a switch has flipped.

Tiffany

sosilly said...

She is so adorable even in her fit throwing phase. She's just frustrated and wants to grow up too fast.

Tara said...

um.. Eddie gets so mad he falls back on his bum, then seems to be crying SO hard that he looses his balance with his big ol'head (or he is so mad he throws himself) and falls back flat. Hard. I think the leg kicking will come soon. I also think you are lucky to make it to 15 months. Eddie is only 11mo. You are doing great! :)

Chris Grover said...

I had to laugh at the dinner conversation! That video is probably a good reality check for me to see! Although it scares me a bit, I know I will experience it soon enough! How is it possible that Pey can still look completely adorable even when she is not a happy camper?! It's fun to see this little peek into your family life!

Beth said...

Looovvveee your new signature picture. A little jealous. Don't fits feel different with your third than with your first. I feel like it just rolls of my back now. Could intensify though!

Tara said...

btw- I am SO in love with Naim's music, I looked it up on itunes, it might be my BD gift to myself. :) Thanks again for sharing!

Jamie and Family said...

Tara, I'm not surprised you like her music. We've always liked similar music...

like back in the days of "MMM mmmm mmmm mmm". Remember? Schook? ha ha ha

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love the Chinese Chicken salad from Costco. It's the absolute best!! Peyton still looks adorable even when she is throwing a fit but I can totally relate. Today Michael kept throwing himself on the floor if he didn't get what he wanted. He will throw himself face first and then look up to make sure we're watching. I don't know what I'm going to do when he turns two!!