Thursday, August 23, 2007

This n That

Today was Jordyn's first full day of school. She did great! She goes from 8-1, which is considered "full day" kindergarten. It's the first year our district has done this. The first thing she said to me when I hugged her "hi" is "I want WATER mom!". Confirming my fear - in the 105 degree weather, she was crazy THRISTY! I don't think she's used to finding a drinking fountain when she's thirsty. She downed like 3 cups right away. She's funny because when I ask her how her day was (and if you know me, then you know its like 100 questions)...she will hardly answer any of them and then say "I'll tell you later mom". I should just attach a camera to her so I can watch a replay of the day. I'm not worried at all, but I'm so curious of her interactions in class, the playground and the cafeteria.

Lexi starts pre-school tomorrow! She is going two days per week and she is so excited. She's got a pretty pink dress with a necklace (from Grandma) all ready to go. What will I do with all this free time? I'll be a taxi, that's what!

I am so sick of this hotter-than-heck heat. I feel hatred toward it now. And we still have at least two months of it here. At least I'm not pregnant like last summer!! All of this in-and-out of the car stuff is killing me!!!

I'm starting to feel fear of my structured schedule this year. I have a fear of commitment, I think. Seriously! I have pre-school, kindergarten, Harmony, 2 dance classes, 2 piano lessons, primary presidency meeting, volunteering in the classroom, homework.......scary stuff. I guess this is life, though. As scared as I feel, I'm happy and feel blessed as well. Its fun to see my kids grow and learn and unfold in their talents and personality. Love it.

I just need to find a magic energy pill.....

5 comments:

britt said...

Diddo and I only have one will be really involved and committed this year. But like you said, it is fun seeing our children find their interests and what makes them excited. This is only the beginning of years of enjoyment and craziness galore!

Beth said...

Let me know when you find that magic pill. You know how I feel about everything you just said. It's my turn to be the mom, but I didn't know that I would still feel a little selfish with my time.

Jill said...

I had some friends once tell me to wait and see just how busy you get once your kids hit school....they weren't a-lying! It gets worse...hang on! Jill

Tara said...

I would look at my sister-in-law with her 3 kids in school and all the million things she does, and wonder how it the WORLD could I do that? It's funny how you adjust to each stage that just prepares you to handle a little more each year. Just when you think you have the schedule down pat, another thing will be added for you to fit in. You will do great, don't think about how busy it will get later, just master what you have, and let the gradual increase happen on it's own. love you!

Tara said...

One more thing, everytime I figured out how to function with such a structured schedule, it was extremely empowering, being a "taxi" mom isn't that bad. :)