Monday, August 27, 2007

My Blog-Sided Life

Isn't it interesting how one-dimensional these blogs can paint one's life to be? Almost idealistic? I always think about this. I definitely think my blog reflects my life....but only a small portion of it. There is so much that is NOT blogged about. Which is perfectly okay and good and right....because, even in blogland, we all deserve at least SOME privacy, right?


Like, for example, I could blog and tell you about my day: I made Jordyn's school lunch, went on a walk with Pey and Lex, researched teaching credential programs, danced to some music with Lexi, watched Lyric for Lindy, had a playdate for Jordyn, hung out with Lindy, made a yummy dinner with dessert, picked up the living room 100 times, and did homework with Jordyn. And you might be like, "wow, she has a lot of energy" and maybe you even pictured me in cute high heels with lipstick and a smile all day long.


But what I DIDN'T tell you is: that it's 8 pm and I haven't showered yet today and I look like death. I have had cramps all day, felt crappy and ate half (yes, half) a pan of a Texas Chocolate Sheet Cake that I made. I didn't do a stitch of the laundry piled all over and I haven't unpacked from my trip a week ago yet. I had to put Jordyn in like 3 time-outs for hitting. We DIDN'T do family home evening like I'd hoped, and by 7:30 I told Tucker I was done being a mom for the night and he could finish it all because I felt "CRAZY". See, now doesn't that make it all a little more real? I LOVE real.



And on a side note, Jordyn took the bus home from school today! She has been begging, but I just wanted to give it a few days. Luckily, the bus ride home is JUST Kindergarteners, so she's not on the bus with lots of big kids. She LOVED it! She got off with a huge grin and said "the bus is so much fun Mom!". Its nice for me because I can keep the other kids in the air-conditioned car while waiting....and when I was getting her from school, we had to park far and trek to get her in the scorching heat. It works out great! Here she is fresh off the bus...

8 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

At first I didn't know where this post was going. I read the first part and really thought, "Freak! She is wonder woman...I kinda suck." Then I read the last part. I love a dose of reality...makes me feel human.

Tiffany

C. Jane Kendrick said...

You look like death? I don't believe it.

Jill said...

I usually blog bad stuff and then go back and delete it....kind of a cleansing moment....ha, ha! It's just nice to know that we are all having the same day! And isn't it funny how cool the kids think riding the bus is? We start tomorrow! Glad Jordyn is loving it!

Beth said...

love this blog! If we were all real, then I think us women wouldn't put so much unrealistic preasure on ourselves. Funny, sounds a lot like my day!

Tara said...

I think most of us know better. We know that as moms, we all have the "flip side" to our blogs. But it's nice to hear the details of others just once in a while so we are reminded that we are all "normal".
Jade LOVED the bus in kindergarten, I think as long as it is a save environment, it's another fun adventure for your child. Builds independence. (not that either Jade or Jordyn need any more of that, right?)
A great mom post Jay!

Chris Grover said...

Haaa, you could not have said it better! Sometimes I read blogs and think "I must be falling apart compared to this person!" Reality is so much better for everyone!

Chelley said...

Now come on where is the photo of you not showered and eating the cake????

I am glad to read that you like me and the rest of us are just plain

NORMAL!!!

I know what my life is like I like to dream of what I would like it do be but hey it isnt always like that !!!

thank heavens for dreams! at least somewhere I do have a clean house washing done the kids feed (with soemthing so very healthy) And my hair even brushed!

Kami said...

I love your blog! All I can say is dido to all the other moms that posted!