Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Extended, Extended Family

As a kid, we never lived close to any extended family. It was always a 3 or more hour drive and it was always VERY special to visit them or have them visit us. Those are precious memories to me. As life goes on, and my own personal life expands with my own little family....it seems that now this could be called my extended, extended family! And the visits are MUCH too few and far between.


So, my sis Lindy and I did a quick, crazy and whirlwind trip (we're getting quite good at these) to visit some family. There have been lots of babies born in the past year, and we wanted to catch up with all the kids!


In a little more than 24 hours, we were able to see my cousin Mike and Aracely and their two cute little ones, cousin Matt and Katie (in a non-blog-real-life fashion), along with my Aunt Kelly with her three cute kids and finally a short stop at my precious Grandma's. It was even crazier than it sounds, believe me. At one point, we had 10 kids ages 6 and under playing at our heels! But memories are worth every bit of it.




Strategically placing 5 car seats in just the right spot takes talent



My Cousin Michael is one year older than me. He whipped us up a traditional spaghetti dinner!



Told ya! Here is the 10 kids 6 and under crowd (with Lindy, Aracely and Kelly)




Fun in the sun with cousins!



Lauren and Lyric are 6 months apart....and you can tell they're family!



Ummmm....mommy?




Our last stop was Grandma NaDeane's. I sure love my little (shrinking) 78 year old Grandma!





We just love hangin' out at Grandma's!



Grandma was so fascinated by all these cute kids....she couldn't even look at the camera!





Grandma sure had flashbacks of me as a little girl with red-headed Jordyn around!



Lexi LOVED all of Grandma's glass figurines. She's always had these sprinkled throughout her house.


FAMILY~ memories ~ WHAT MATTERS ~ special ~ FOREVER ~ priceless ~ GRATEFUL

5 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

We had so much fun with you all. What wonderful memories made and I can't tell you enough how fun it was to catch up, hang out and just watching the kids play. We need to do this more often. Thank you for hanging out with us !! We had a blast..

P.S. I think we would love to visit soon and take a drive to see the redwoods or the central coast. I will email you when we get our date set and see if it works for you- We can't wait

Katie said...

It was really nice to see you, Lindy, and the kids!! I thought it was funny every time I walked into the room where the girls were playing and they stopped and watched me until I walked away...LOL, I think Jordyn said her first words to me after 2 hours or so. It was nice to see you in person!

Anonymous said...

I really did enjoy the visit too.

Beth said...

Looks fun and exhausting! Worth every minute.

Tara said...

How fun! I love Pay naked, that is SO cute! You grandmother looks like she is in heaven, even with the chaos. She looks like my grandma, I am surprised to see how old and little she looks too. Good memories, your kids are lucky to have so many cousins to grow up with, 1st and 2nd cousins, what fun!