Thursday, August 30, 2007

Spewing

Some days I have a fun picture or creative topic to post about. And other days I just need to spew at the mouth a bit. Why? I don't know. Does it help me a little? Yes. It does. But just a little. So here goes today's spewing.

Lately life has felt a little bit more complicated than normal....for mostly non-bloggable reasons. (by the way, Tucker is trying to talk to me right now....he doesn't realize that when I'm posting, it's like I'm on the other line and can't talk right now).

So, today was a crazy day. Let me re-cap. Today was hotter than hell. I'm serious. Speaking of humidity a few posts ago, I felt like I was in the Phillipines today. It rained all day and was 105, no exaggeration. Come to find out that Jordyn's school's air conditioning is BROKEN. What? Are you serious? I think school should have been canceled. 250 five year olds running around in HOT monsoon weather with no A/C....."now kids lets write a capital A"........is strange to me.

Speaking of Jordyn's school, they are extending school a little. Instead of 8 am to 1:00 pm, it will go to 1:40. Wow, she is getting no 'easing into' school. There is no snack time, no nap time, nothing. Just a full day of work at the ripe ol' age of 5. She seems to be handling it fairly well, I do have to say. But it still seems like a lot all at once.

I sang at a funeral today for a woman I didn't know (with other women, just in case you were picturing me doing a solo - NEVER). I hope someone would do the same for my Grandma. It was quite last minute.......thanks Lindy for watching the girls. It comes in quite handy, for many reasons, to have a sister nearby.

Then we started dance class again today. If the heat today was hell, then dance class was hell times 100. Not only was it hot, but there were like 30 people in this small waiting area with all their kids. And Peyton, a normal 10 month old, did NOT like this whole scene after about 25 minutes. Too bad we still had 95 minutes to go. She wanted to crawl around.....and explore everyones purses, drinks and crayons. Her arching back, screaming and clawing at my face made me feel beyond crazy. I need to figure out solution or will need to be heavily medicated each Thursday if this is a weekly experience. I'll keep you posted.

I was nearing home at 5pm after dance with all three girls when I had a brilliant idea. I called my trusty babysitters and asked if they could babysit RIGHT NOW (I would have paid $100 if that's what it took, but luckily it didn't). "Sure!" they said. So within 15 minutes, Tucker was meeting me - ALL ALONE - at our local chinese joint for a quick dinner. We talked for 90 straight minutes with no interruption (that is equivalent to approx 2 weeks of unfinished conversations with the kids around). It was great.

By 9:30pm, when (2 hours later than I'd hoped and prayed for) all three kids were asleep....it is time for my alone time. Unfortunately, the night owl in me is on vacation and all I want is my pillow. So good night and here's to a brighter & lighter day tomorrow!

3 comments:

Beth said...

for some reason I was laughing so hard, I had tears about your whole blog. I think I could so relate!

Tara said...

That was a crazy day for you! You are so validated in your need to vent! A clawing and screaming near-toddler can suck the patience out of anyone in about 2 seconds. You are fortunate to have babysitters available like that, and a good husband like Tucker. Hang in there! You are surrounded by a ton of fellow "going crazy with motherhood sometimes" sisters. :)

britt said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't have quite that day, but it definitely feels like it comes close sometimes. I felt tired just having read your blog and invisioning all of that happening. Thank goodness that isn't an ever day occurance, usually only few and far between. (or maybe a little more often than you'd like)