Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Ferocious Beast


If you'll look closely, you'll notice a bloody bandaid on my thumb. You might wonder how....and why. Could it have been my needy dog in a fit of rage? Or my annoying cat as I threw him out yet one more time? Maybe it was the biting frogs out front?


No. None of the above. It was my beautiful, blue eyed 9 month old daughter. I was innocently fishing something out of her mouth (part of a raisin box, to be exact) and I emerged with a bloody war wound. It literally bled for two hours - no kidding. But, as mothers do, I love her as much as ever and hold no hard feelings. I mean, how could I with a face like that?

3 comments:

Chris Grover said...

OUCH! Well, at least you know her teeth are fully functioning! Hope you're ok!

Jill said...

Add that to many head butts, eye pokes and hair pulls and that equals motherhood. Feeling your pain, gal! Jill

Katie said...

At work today (oral surgery office) we just so happened to talk about human bites. Human bites are often dirtier than dog bites... go figure. Just thought you would like my two-sense! I am sure her little love bite is nothing serious!