Saturday, August 11, 2007

4 Things I (shouldn't) LOVE

I want to talk about 4 things that I absolutely LOVE. 4 things that are completely bad for my health and will proably take years off my life....or at least add unwanted inches to my waist-line. But does this stop me from loving, and wanting and eating these 4 things? Nope!

To my credit, I would say I'm semi health conscious. Like today, for instance. It was noon.....I was on my way home from taking the CBEST test (a California state test, but that's another topic) and I was starving. All sorts of yummy things ran through my mind, but I chose to stop by Subway.....wheat bun, no mayo, the whole bit. I also try to drink a TON of water.

But, true to my nature, I dabble in a bit of everything. I like to wash down my healthy meals with a cookie or soda or SOMEthing bad. It's like I can't get myself to be TOTALLY good in any area. That's the rebel in me, right?

So back to my 4 things. These are probably the top four things I would choose as a bad treat any time, any day, for any reason. Ready? Here goes:

#1: Brownies. Ah, brownies. What more needs to be said? They are heaven. Chewy, frosting-less, preferrably the edges for me.


#2: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. Straight from my oven. I have a recipe that, to me, is perfect. I resist the urge to make them almost on a daily basis. I try not to let myself make them more than every other week (because inevitably I eat 10 right out of the oven). Lindy has introduced me to McDonald's fresh baked cookies, which are quite an acceptable alternative to my quadruple batch. Try 'em if you haven't.

#3: Fries! Ah, I love fries. Salty, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside. MMMM mmmm. And personally I think McDonald's skinny fries are the best. I also grew to love fry sauce during my years in Utah. Sad that its NO WHERE in Cali has it (except Sonic, and I don't want raw chicken).


#4: Soda. I love soda. I know it's not good for me, I know that sugar turns into fat, I know that carbonation has all sorts of bad effects, caffeine isn't good for you, whatever whatever. But I love it. Any kind, preferrably brown and preferrably Pepsi. Ahhh, any meal washed down with a soda tastes better. My siblings feel the same way and on both sides of our family (mine and Tucker's) there is plenty of soda at our family gatherings. Funny thing is I wasn't raised that way. We never had soda in the house, just wasn't healthy. Sorry mom ;-)

7 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Ok, you must be one of my taste buds because 3 of your 4 favorites are my top 3 faves as well. I HAVE to get your cookie recipe or I will die. I can NEVER find a good oatmeal chocolate chip cookie (my most fave cookie) recipe. And as a side note, the CBEST? I know what that is and can you please explain?! I'm incredibly curious!! Need to go take a sip of my 32 oz Dr. Pepper now, thank you very much!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Yummie... Okay I'm loving your list..I love all 4 of your faves.. There is nothing better than eating some McDonalds fries while drining a big old Coke for me.. Why are things that are so bad for you taste so good!!!
P.s. I hope you can come down and visit.. I emailed you but I'm not sure if that's your right email address. I hope it is . If you don't get it email us at mjworley@hotmail.com

Katie said...

French fries are the one thing I can't give up. I tried for a few weeks after I turned 25, but then I gave in. I love them! I can eat any french fries, any time. McDonalds, In-n-out, steak fries, or even tater-tots. Love them love them love them!

Tara said...

Hi Jamie, you know your right, those things we shouldn't love, but they seem SO GOOD! Guess what, I put a link from your blog to my blog, ya! Oh well, bye! Jade

Beth said...

So I decided to get online instead of indulge in an afternoon snack. All those pictures make me have a sweet tooth!

Chelley said...

Well that would be 4 out of 4 for me!

I could eat fries till the cows come home...

Very sad!

Anonymous said...

WE are junk food soulmates. Just thought I'd let you know!