Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bunuelos


Yummmmy. When I was growing up, we loved when my mom would fry up some flour tortillas, then sprinkle (or dump) them with cinnamon and sugar. So imagine my excitement when I was in college working at a Mexican restaurant and they had this on their menu! They called them Bunuelos (there are various ways to make Bunuelos...typically with bread).

So now I make this yummy (but I didn't say healthy) treat for the kids and Tucker....they love it as much as I do! "I LOVE bunuelos mommy!".

4 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

mmm.. yummie- bunuelos are the best.. I don't know if you knew this but they are held in the same regard as tamales.. delicious treats that are only made around the holidays.. I love christmas because we usually get them around that time from my mom but I think I might just make some with tortillas- They look delicious!!!

britt said...

yum, I want some right now!

Debbie said...

oh my, i had no idea this had a name. my mom used to make this as well and i have never tried. i wish i had some now!

Katie said...

We would always make our own Cinnamon toast...Toast, butter, cinnamon, and sugar. Loved it! Those look yummy... Aracely, tell your mom to hook me up!