Thursday, August 23, 2007

Speaking of Hot...

Since I felt like I was dripping sweat all day today and I felt like I HAD to be living in the Southern US as far as humidity goes, I thought I'd do a little research (I am sort of obsessed with the weather updates/info/etc). Here's a little trivia for you:

(sorted by humidity)
Slc, UT .................23%................90°
Visalia, CA .........46%............99°
Louisville, KY .........46%...............100°
Honolulu, HI ...........59%................87°
Tampa, FL ..............69%................92°

New York, NY ........76%................84°
Nauvoo, IL ..............85%...............78°

Manila, Phillipines...85%.............92°

4 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daytrippingmom Media said...

I love this chart. Okay 99 degrees and 46 percent humidity should not go together.. Yucky!! I hope you get some relief this weekend. It felt pretty humid here too.. but it was only in the 80's today.. Okay I almost fell out of my chair when I saw Manila's humidity.. 85%!!! I've always wanted to visit.. but after reading this maybe not!!

Beth said...

I really enjoyed the compairing! But I'm also the daughter of a weather-man.

Grammy said...

I'm sorry, but you really don't have "HOT". We are still at 111 degrees most days, and the humidity is way up because it is still monsoon season. I get out of the shower and feel like I am never dry enough to get dressed - even after toweling off, the sweat keeps dripping. We normally shower twice a day here when it is like this. It is too hard to sleep with all the "sticky sweat" from the day still clinging. And the worst part of it is there is no such thing as cold water from the tap. You really cannot make the water in the shower as cool as you want.