Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Not So Beautiful

(This one's for you Tiff) So, the girls and I were in the car listening to my iPod the other day, and since 99.9% of the time we listen to kids' music, I thought I'd change it up a bit. For whatever reason, they have always loved "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt, so I decided to put that on. So, we're cruisin' along singing and all of the sudden my faced flushed as I heard the "F" word blaring throughout my car, right into my girls' ears! It completely shocked me! Apparently the part that says: "Yes, she caught my eye, as we walked on by. She could see from my face that I was, Flying high..." are just the alternative lyrics played on the radio, and let's just say *flying* is not what we heard that day! I had never listened to the song on my iPod to know that I had the un-edited version! Luckily they didn't notice, but I was a bit surprised to say the least.

Then to further the story, that evening I left the girls at home with Tucker. (Keep in mind I hadn't yet told him about our song experience), so the girls kept singing "You're Beautiful" and asking to listen to it. So Tucker grabbed my laptop (like a nice dad) and found it on my iTunes....which is EXACTLY where the un-edited version came from. So he's letting them dance around and sing and he had the SAME thing happen to him! He was quite shocked too! So we had a few laughs when I got home and decided maybe we'll stick with the kids' songs from now on. There shouldn't be any questionable lyrics in those~!

3 comments:

Eliza2006 said...

I was just retelling that story the other day. It makes me laugh so hard. I think I need the unedited version for memory's sake!

Tiffany

Katie said...

That is so funny! I remember watching the movie "Mrs. Doubtfire" and when Robin Williams flips the bird to Peirce Brosnin my baby sister said "I can do that!" and she proceeded to put up her middle finger. It was funny, but we didn't want to laugh because it would only encourage her. Funny story!

Chris Grover said...

I had to laugh at this story because the EXACT thing happened to Chris and I awhile back. I got the song for my iPod without realizng the unedited version, and Chris was in the office listening to music really loud when James Blunt shouts the "f" bomb. It does come as a bit of a shocker if you don't realize the words aren't "flying high"!