Sunday, May 20, 2007

The Coast and Shana's Wedding

We just got back from a fun 2 day trip to the coast - ALONE! One of my most dear and long time friends, Shana, got married this weekend in Cayucos....so we took the opportunity to have a great little get-a-way. Thanks a TON to my sisters/family and Beth for making it possible. They all juggled the children all weekend and gave Tucker and I a much needed break. We even got to finish conversations UN-interrupted! Imagine that! Here are some pics from the weekend...


Here is how most of the drive to the coast looks...



Shana's Dad walking her down the isle...isn't she beautiful?



The ceremony was on a hilltop overlooking the ocean, so serene




Tucker and I - thinking how amazing that our wedding was 7 years and three kids ago!



Me and Shana - her reception was held in a barn that she completely transformed into a magical place. It was absolutely wonderful.



Shana and Derek cutting their yummy cake



Derek and Shana's first dance - I have to say that I completely approve of Derek, he is SO great, and they make a perfect couple! Look at her beautiful dress!



We also got to spend some time in Morro Bay - here is Tucker looking at Morro Rock



This man was unloading fresh crabs that will be soon cooked up to eat!



Some scenic/touristy type pics are always necessary
Yummy, we were so glad we tried Giovanni's, recommended by a local.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a great weekend. I was so sad on Saturday that I couldn't be there. You will have to fill me in on all the details!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

The central coast is just beautiful and the wedding looked amazing. How awesome that you and tucker had the chance to spend a weekend alone together. I think it should be a must at least once a year. I'm soo jealous!! The central coast- morro bay especially is one of my favorite places in the world. We've eaten at Giovanni's too!! They have delicious calimari!! Yummie. How fun.. I love your posts.

Katie said...

hooray for vacations (or at least small stents away from home)! What an interesting wedding too, I always like the non-conventional, yet still elegant styles.

Chris Grover said...

Wow, that is sooo awesome that you got to go to Shana's wedding! She looks so beautiful, as does the whole wedding and reception! Sorry I interrupted you with my crazy phone call! I was just so excited to share our little connection! I hope you had a wonderful weekend with Tucker -- you guys definitely deserve a nice little get-away together. And congrats to Shana!