Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Mary Poppins Was Right


"A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down" is my current motto, so thanks to good ol' Mary Poppins. Peyton has been sick and she has an unnatural ability to NOT swallow medicine. She projectile vomits when it even touches her lips - and I am really not exaggerating. So, it adds extra stress when she needs medicine because all I want to do is make her feel better, but instead it makes it worse with tears and throwing it up! Anyway, I've been able to get her to drink the medicine in a bottle with juice or water, but ONLY if I add some sugar. I figure maybe Mary Poppins knew what she was talking about :-)

3 comments:

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Poor Peyton!! I'm glad you found a way to get her to take her meds..



Aracely

Chris Grover said...

i will have to remember that! poor little girl -- i hope she is feeling much better really soon!

Debbie said...

i never knew that. i will have to remember that for the future.