Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Hard Days

This week I've had the kind of days where I would give anything to crawl back into my bed, pull the covers over my head and hope it all turns out for the best with the kids! I'm sure its just a normal part of life to have bad days for no reason, but I'm a "fix-it" sort of gal, so when I can't pinpoint WHAT the problem is, it frustrates me further. I wouldn't change a thing about my life. Some days it just sounds really hard to be patient, loving, and keep a calm voice while repeating myself for the 1,000,000th time, cleaning up messes, breaking up fights...all the while trying to teach these little humans how to have manners, be kind and respectful people and balance all that with LETTING them be little kids and have fun too! It can start to feel robotic and monotonous at times. But I honestly DON'T want to be doing anything else or change my life at all, so I will just persevere when I have these days and remember "there must be opposition in ALL things" - it's all part of the plan, right?

Lex and I were snapping pics of each other today...



4 comments:

Chris Grover said...

Ok, first of all, I LOVE the new look of your blog! Good job! Secondly, I think you are probably feeling what 100% of mothers have felt! But just know that you are such a GREAT example to me of the kind of mother I hope to be! You are definitely allowed to have those bad days -- we all do. Do something nice for yourself -- you deserve it!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

Jamie, I could totally relate to your post. I've been having a couple of realy bad days where all i want to do is runaway. I think sometimes even just taking a quick drive or even going grocery shopping by myself helps. I could have never imagined that grocery shopping could be such a treat!! I hope you are feeling better today!!
P.s. I love your new layout!!!

Eliza2006 said...

Love the new look!!!!

Debbie said...

i think all mothers can relate to this post. hope today is better:)