Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Speaking of Plants



A few weeks ago, Tucker bought a potted pineapple plant at Save Mart. Not sure what a grocery store is doing selling a pineapple plant, but he thought it was cool and brought it home. These pineapples are tiny, but for some reason one of these little guys thought it was time to ripen and be ready to eat! It's a preemie pineapple!
This is good timing for Jordyn's Hawaiian themed birthday party this Friday. Each kid could get their own sliver of pineapple. Aloha!

6 comments:

Janessa Couch said...

What a cute plant. I did not know that pineapples could grow in California. That sounds like such a fun birthday theme. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures and I especially look forward to what kind of cake you will be decorating for it. :)

Tara said...

That is the CUTEST little thing I have ever seen in the plant world! Good job growing it!

britt said...

I haven't seen a "preemie" pineapple. How fun!

Beth said...

I'm curious how that is going to taste. How cute!

sosilly said...

I am excited for Jordyn's Hawaiian theme birthday party. I suggest that pineapple be a decoration. We need a much bigger one for her party!
MOM

Eliza2006 said...

Tucker is a fun dad. You must have rolled your eyes when he brought that home. Did you eat it? How does a mini pineapple taste?

Tiffany